Monday, February 11, 2008

What Would You Do?

Today I was forwarded an email from a friend in Idaho that went like this:

ONE MORNING YOU OPEN YOUR EYES, AND IN THE CORNER OF THE ROOM, RIGHT ABOVE YOUR HEAD, YOU SEE THIS. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

So, I went ahead and forwarded it to all my contacts, including a dear friend of mine in Japan named Toru and his wife Atsuko. Tonight I received 2 replies from Toru. I just cut and pasted them from my email.

Response 1:

Thank you Jamie for your unique and joyful e-mail.

I’d like to answer your question.

When I found it in a morning, I think of the great reproductive power Including in the nature

and the big existence of the motherhood.

Of cause, I know that you American people usually hates the “spi-d-e-r-“. I don’t know why.

I don’t know why you sent us this information, though it should be confidential and

unauthorized distribution should be strictly prohibited.

Anyway Atsuko and I are happy to know that you also have a nice time. Love Toru.


Response 2:

I’d like to inform you her idea.

What would Atsuko do? She said that she’d vacuum them all with the electric cleaner.

Even if she unfortunately failed to catch the big target, she could exterminate the smaller targets.

It is the method of cleanness, safety, certainty and quickness. But she think that it is cruel a bit

to them, because there is almost no spider with the dangerous poison in Japan. Toru

Anyway, I love those Japanese folks! It is so funny and cute to read emails and letters from them. Thanks for making me smile Toru!


2 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm glad someone can see some good in that. Just thinking of that makes me really nervous. I honestly think I would die of fright. How does a spider that big get in anyway?

Karen said...

Those responses are great! I didn't think anything could make that picture funny, but those two emails sure did! :)