Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Girls Night In

Since last November some girlfriends from the neighborhood and I have gotten together once a month to have what we like to call "Girls Night In." We bring the latest project we're working on (scrapbooking, knitting, organizing, embroidery, you name it) and a treat to share with everyone. Then we all sit around talking, eating, and working on our projects...but, mostly talking. I'm not much of a social butterfly, but I actually enjoy these little get-togethers. It gets me out of the house and around women my age who I can actually open up to. And I seriously laugh a lot, and laughing is the best medicine I can think of for feeling down! These gatherings are something I'm really going to miss when we move at the end of the semester. Here is the project I worked on. I'm kind of burned out of making winter stuff...and just in time too, since Spring is on the way! Yay!

1 comment:

Robnz Fam said...

Man, I so wish I could do that. Would you just come down here to p-town and teach me :0). Vessel is so so cute and so handsome. I can't believe how fast they grow.

Was Toru in our ward in Madugame? I'm sure I spelt his name and the city wrong, but anyway, if that's him...wasn't he single when we left? I may just be thinking of someone else.

So, does Mike have a brother here at BYU? I know I saw 'Mike' yesterday in the weight room. Poor kid was probably like,"Dude girl, stop staring at me!". But I couldn't help it because he was Mike's twin (if it wasn't him :0) ).