Friday, February 15, 2008

Reminiscing

So yesterday was Valentine's Day. I thought a lot about some of my greatest Valentine's. It's always been kind of a special day. As a kid, my grandparents gave me and my sister a small box of chocolates or some other little gift every year. It was so sweet of them to make us feel special like that. I know Dad usually got us a little treat too. And it seems like me and my friends exchanged candy or cards to show how much we appreciated each other's friendship. And Mike has always done something really nice for me every Valentine's day since we met. (Although, he does nice stuff for me every day, so Valentine's isn't so different!) But yesterday, as I was thinking about past Valentines, one really stuck out in my mind. One year, during my second semester at college, my mom brought over a huge gift basket of stuff for me. I was only working part time and going to school, so I didn't have a lot of $$. I knew Mom and Dad didn't have a lot of money either. So I thought it was really sweet that Mom would help me out like that. There were a lot of food items to get me through the next week or so, and some things for my apartment (like TP, shampoo, and stuff like that.) She also wrote me a letter telling me how proud she was of me. I thought it was the sweetest Valentine's gift ever. I really miss my mom a lot. She always made sure that my sister and I were taken care of.

No comments: