Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 5

Day 5-Favorite super hero and why

Superhero: a fictional hero having extraordinary or superhuman powers.

So, you were expecting Superman or Wonder Woman, right? To be honest, I don't know much about comics or Greek mythology. However, the more I thought about this post, the more I thought about Jesus Christ. Maybe He doesn't fit the bill of a true superhero, seeing how, by definition, a superhero is a fictional character. But He does have extraordinary, superhuman powers. Do you know anyone who else who can raise the dead or walk on water? He was perfect in every way. He taught using parables. He also taught by example. He was kind and loved everyone despite their flaws and spread good wherever he went. He was humble, meek, wise, and obedient. The list goes on and on. Pretty much He has every quality I wish I had. Plus, He had the best comebacks ever. Go ahead, read the New Testament and tell me that He didn't have some great quips to offer the unbelievers. But in all seriousness, Jesus is my personal superhero. He is my Redeemer. He atoned for my sins. And for that, I will be forever grateful.

1 comment:

Edward Stuart said...

Wow...to think that you found the perfect superhero. I too agree with your assessment and hope that one day I too may start to be more like Him.