Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 4

Day 4-Picture of you and a family member


This is a picture of me and my sister on my wedding day 7 years ago. There was a lot of stress that day...what, with the botched up flower order, the basketball team ruining our reception set-up at the church, and the food order not being what we expected. The worst part of that day was how difficult it was for my parents. I was married in the Idaho Falls LDS temple, and unfortunately, my parents could not attend the ceremony. It broke my my mother's heart. My sister was the glue that held my mother together. My sister was the anchor that kept my parents grounded and able to make it through the day. My beautiful sister stayed cheerful and positive all day, making sure to crack jokes and keep us smiling. She's always been able to make me laugh, ever since we were little. She is one of the funniest people I know. I have a lot of great memories with her. Some of my favorites include working at Jill's Place together, floating the river, jumping off Monkey Rock, camping, and cruising around in her VW convertible with the top down. My sister has been through a lot in the past 4-5 years. She is stronger than anyone I know. It's hard to live so far away from her, but we get to talk almost every day. I am lucky to be so close to her.