Friday, November 2, 2007

10 Unknown Facts about Me, Jamie

I got this from Sophie and hope that other people will do it as well so I can learn more about everyone!

10. I’m superstitious.

Yup, you won’t ever see me opening an umbrella indoors or walking under any ladders, folks. I’ll never say “Bloody Mary” three times, or chant “red rum” or let a black cat even come near to crossing my path. I avoid spilling the salt and breaking mirrors at all costs. Even though I’m superstitious….

9. I have a fascination with cemeteries.

I love walking around to the different headstones and reading about the people, like when they were born, when they died, and the other things that might be written. In high school I attended a writing camp where we went on field trips to cemeteries like every day, so maybe that's when it all started. A lot of kids were inspired to write about death and stuff. (Chris, remember those fun times?) So, I like cemeteries and I kind of wish I could make contact with a ghost or something. That would be SWEET.

8. I love to dance.

Really, this is true. When I was younger I wanted to be on one of those clogging teams, but my parents didn’t have the money to enroll me in clubs and stuff outside of school. In junior high I tried out for cheerleader and it wasn’t really my niche. I just assumed the dance team would be kind of similar, so I never even went for it. But I wish I would have now, because I think I would’ve liked it a lot. In college I took a social dance class and I fell in love with ballroom and swing and cha-cha. Mike and I took a dance class together last spring and it was quite fun. Every time I see Dancing with the Stars I get so jealous because those people look incredible and I wish that I was them! I’ve just never really had the opportunity to pursue dancing seriously. *sigh*

7. I love infomercials.

It doesn’t matter what the product is, I will get sucked into wasting an hour of my time watching people demonstrate how “simple and easy” it is to use and listen to the “unpaid” testimonials, and blah blah blah. I also have an incessant urge to buy whatever I see on T.V. even though I know it’s a load of crap. Commercials have the same effect. When I was little my parents told me that when the T.V. was on I would stop what I was doing to watch the commercials, but when the show came back on I would go back to playing with my toys. It’s like that to this day….

6. I associate numbers and letters with colors.

So, this might be odd to some of you but perhaps some can relate. Letters and numbers are color coded in my mind. For instance, A is always red to me. Maybe because as a kid I had flash cards and the “A” card had a picture of a red apple. Not really sure if that’s the reason. But let’s see…E is blue, L is purple, H is orange, I is yellow, V is green, 1 is red, 6 is blue, 7 is yellow, 8 is green, etc. etc. Another thing I just realized is that in my mind, numbers are in circular staircase. Like “1” is at the bottom and as the numbers get bigger they wind up the staircase. When I’m in a math class and I have to add or subtract numbers in my head I have to go up the staircase in my mind to the specific number and take it to the next number to be added and then go to the sum number…..am I making any sense at all?

5. I can’t eat clam chowder.

I like clam chowder, but apparently it doesn’t like me. I’ve had a few unpleasant experiences with it. Even the Manhattan style clam chowder that’s red is a no-no, which I unfortunately learned while living in Japan.

4. I love stinky food.

The stinkier the better; especially really strong cheeses, yeasty breads, curry, vinegar-y foods, cauliflower, etc.

3. My toes go in order from biggest to smallest.

Unlike SOME people whose 2nd toe is longer than their big toe. :)

2. I still wear clothes from high school.

I’m not a fashion expert, but I think it’s safe to say that I’m NOT on the list of the 10 best dressed females in America.

1. I love to be organized.

This is where I get a little obsessive compulsive at times. Like all my clothes have to be facing the same direction in the closet and they are grouped by color. All my scrapbook pages are organized by color, my pictures are all in chronological order, I have an inventory of everything I own from CDs and books to movies and DVDs. I make list upon list of things I need to do, things I have done, things I need to buy, things I have bought, etc., etc. I feel like I need to have some amount of order in my house and everything has to have a place. I can’t stand clutter. And yet, I collect things and I can’t help but hold on to everything I’ve ever been given. I guess I’m just going to need a really big house for storing all my stuff to keep it organized and to avoid clutter.

No comments: