Monday, November 26, 2007

Our Weekend and Stuff

On Saturday our friends Bekah and Chris from the Boise area paid a visit to our humble abode. Chris and I have been friends since high school and have kept in touch over the years. He married his awesome wife Bekah while Mike and I were in Japan. This past weekend was our first time meeting eachother and I have to say, it was not awkward in the least. :) It was like we had been friends forever. Well, we knew each other through blogging, emails, and such...so it didn't feel like I was meeting a total stranger.
And they came bearing gifts! For awhile Bekah had been talking about a secret crochet project on her blog and I was completely touched to find out that she was making it for me. I had no clue. She made me one sweet looking beanie with a matching short scarf. The girl is talented I must say. She also crocheted Vessel some poo (yup folks, you read it correctly..POO) and stuffed it. It looks just like the Japanese cartoon swirly poops! It is the coolest thing ever. We laughed so hard about it! Vessel really likes it and has been playing with it for the past 2 days. They also got Mike the DVD Evan Almighty, so we will watch that soon and I'll have to give it a review on my entertainment corner blog.


I really love the design and colors she used.

Unchi! (a.k.a. "poop" in English)

Vessie playing with his new found friend.

They are the most thoughtful people ever, am I right? I wish we lived closer. I'm glad you guys stopped by on your long journey home!

The rest of the weekend went pretty fair. I finally got my new shirt I ordered from Layers in the mail. I went to Robert's craft Saturday night to pick up some nifty boxes to use for my YW lesson. I swear I could spend all of my money at the craft store. Just let me loose with a thousand dollars in that place and every penny would be gone, no joke. I spent the rest of the night painting the boxes and tying bows on them for the girls. Well, that's a lie. I spent most of my night playing Dr. Mario with our downstairs neighbor Gavin. I am obsessed with that game and I am always bound and determined to beat him! I mean, sure I've beaten the guy before, but it was pretty much not due to my skill, but rather due to stupid mistakes he made during the game. Here I was thinking I'm all hot to trot, but Gavin is pretty dang good. He's also competitive. But I like the challenge.
Sunday was so-so. I taught the YW lesson and later that evening we went over to the Green's to watch Church Ball, which, by the way, was the corniest show I've seen in a LONG time. I also played more video games with Gavin. I'm pretty much a total gamer now, but not quite as much as Mike.
Things here have been going pretty well. Now that Thanksgiving has passed, Christmas is well on it's way. We've been trying to figure out what to do about a Christmas tree this year. We're just afraid that Vessel will pull it onto himself trying to grab the ornaments. Although, Chris mentioned we could buy a little gate to put around it to keep Vessel away. Mike joked that it would have to be an electric fence to keep him from getting near the tree, and it's true because that kid is so curious right now and wants to get into everything. Our fake tree finally gave up the ghost last year, so we will probably buy a real pine this year...that is if we get a tree at all. Maybe we can just get a small one and put it on one of the end tables out of reach. Also, I've been trying to figure out what to get Mike for Christmas. We've both decided to avoid the overabundance of gifts this year. We were thinking one gift each, maybe 2 tops, and then a few things for Vessel. So yesterday I was probing Mike trying to find out what he wanted so I'd have somewhat of an idea and he told me that for his gift he wants me to donate to a charity or to a homeless shelter. I thought that was a great idea since both of us want to shy away from all the Christmas gift hype this year and really focus on the true meaning of Christmas. I haven't even been out shopping this season. The stores are always a madhouse this time of year and I can't stand all the crowds of people and noise and lines. *grumble grumble* I'm planning on making most of my gifts anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

I love that little poop thing! It's disturbingly...cute. Awww.

And I remember how competitive you get about Dr. Mario! That one time you played it at our house, you kicked butt!