Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Grand Kerfuffle

Before the end of the semester the University of Utah threw one last hoop-lah referred to as The Grand Kerfuffle. Mike and I aren't much for getting involved in college events but we decided to go to this one, and it turned out to be one helluva time. There was a live concert featuring Shiny Toy Guns, Hellogoodbye, Augustana, and some local SLC band. It was flip'm freezing outside, but once we got engulfed by a sea of moshing, body surfing, pushing, screaming, sweaty fellow concert goers, we became quite warm. Yeah, any of you who know these bands also know that they don't really play "moshing" music (at least to me.) But the crowd was all about going nutso. Gina and I got separated from Gavin and Mike at one point because they decided to rush the stage. So Gina and I basically got swayed to and fro by the crowd. Gina fell down, lost her shoe and we both endured a lot of body funk. But, I gotta be honest and say that it was totally fun! It's been a few years since I've been to a concert like that and I had a blast jumping and throwing my fists in the air and screaming and wooting and being pushed around. The bands all played great live, and I think my favorite was when Shiny Toy Guns covered a Depeche Mode song called "stripped." It freaking rocked. There was an after party from 10 until 2 for all graduating seniors so we decided to stick around for that. They fed us free food and there were all kinds of things to do. We watched some break dancing, played "Rock Band" (I was lead singer! woot woot,) got free T-shirts and other swag, and watched a group of skanky broads walk around in there barely there shorts and one girl was wearing nothing but a corset for a top. We got a good laugh. Anyway, below are some pictures from our night.

Augustana

The crowd

Me and Teddy (I know what you're thinking, and yes, that is his real hair.)

Mike, Jamie, Gina, and Gavin

Self taken picture

One of these doo-dads would've been helpful for the last picture, don't you think?
There was a face painting booth and her I am getting my face painted by Fi-Fi
I wasn't feeling creative enough to tell her anything cool to paint on my face so I told her to surprise me. She ended up painting a beach sunset. It matched my shirt!

Me with Fi-Fi
Mike's face art was way cooler. He asked her to paint a crime scene on his face.
And Gavin asked for Spider Man.

There was another booth called "Wacky Wax" where you could get a wax molding of your hand. I made the "I Love You" sign but after I dipped my hand in the wax my fingers moved a little out of position but it still turned out okay. Mike made a power fist and asked the guy to put a rose in it. We gave our wax hands to each other. Isn't that sweet?
Below is a video of Mike trying to get us some moolah from the money machine. They had some $20 and $1 bills and coupons for free food at nice restaurants. Both Mike and I tried it and only ended up with $1.00 each! Rip off! It's harder than it looks. Gavin ended up with 8 bucks, that lucky scumbag. :)

6 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

I LOVE the wax hand things! That's awesome, so sweet with the roses too :0). That hair do post was so fun to see! I loved seeing all your hair do's from the past..which one is Mike's favorite??

RAZ said...

You've gotta pull your shirt out and catch the money in there. Then once you've got some in there pull it back and tuck it in.

The Allred Family said...

How fun to remember hwat you did before you had kids. It's so easy to forget.:)

Anonymous said...

Lucky scumbag, my eye. It took poise, technique and much hand-eye coordination from years of playing video games. I knew all those years would pay off in the end.

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, I'm jealous. I want to go to a concert! I'm glad you guys had fun!

Sheldon said...

That was hilarious. Mike you make me laugh. It looked like you were so frustrated. HILARIOUS!!!!!