Monday, April 7, 2008

busybusybusybusybusybusybusy

Two more weeks of school! I am excited to be done, and yet, I feel a bit sad. This semester has been really fun for me (minus statistics.) Some people have asked if Mike and I are going to walk at our graduation. Well, we're not. I just want the school to mail my diploma to me. I mean, yeah I've worked hard, but it's not a big deal to me. I'm not going to invite all my friends and family to be bored out of their minds. I'll be bored too. Graduations are like that. Just give me that slip of paper and I'll be just fine.
So this week I have to finish up some art projects, study my lines for my final performance in acting, and study for a stats final. Mike has even less than me to do. He finished his thesis and now just needs to get it signed by a bazillion people before the Honors College will finally read it and sign it. He just has one final exam to study for so it should be more relaxing than past semesters for us.
I was pretty busy these past few weeks and our family's schedule/routine was kind of thrown off track. Both Mike and Vessie got pretty sick last week and that messed up everyone's schedules quite a bit, especially when Vessie had a hard time napping and sleeping through the night or wouldn't eat at his regular times, if at all. Things have been in a whirlwind lately and are just starting to settle down again.
This past weekend was really good, as we were able to listen to all four sessions of general conference. I was greatly looking forward to conference this year and was hoping to receive answers to a number of questions I had been having. And I felt like my prayers were answered in that respect, because many of the talks touched on something that I needed to hear. I will go into more detail about that later. But I just wanted to say that I felt so GOOD this conference weekend. I haven't been that moved or inspired from conference since probably spring of 2003. And it was very beneficial to my soul, seeing how I needed a bit of a spiritual boost.
I feel like I have so much to write these days, but I just can't capture everything. I sometimes wonder why I have a blog at all, being that it's actually pretty time consuming for me, and I have lots of other things that probably need my attention more. :) But I love to post stuff. It started out as a way for family members who live hours away to have access to updates and pictures of our family. Then I started using it as a journal in some ways. But even now, I feel like it's a pretty inaccurate representation of who I really am or what my family really is. There's no way to paint a completely honest picture I suppose. You guys just get the tiny bits and pieces of our lives. And maybe that's all you want. I don't know. But sometimes I wish I could just empty out all of my thoughts and experiences and constantly changing opinions on this here page. But what good would that do anyway? Well, I'm just rambling and, like I said, I've got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy (i.e. homework, papers to type, laundry to wash, exercising, reading to Vessel, playing outside, studying, etc., etc.) I'll try to write again at the end of the week when I have a little more time on my hands. :-)

No comments: