Sunday, November 30, 2008

Tomorrow Is a New Day

Well, November has come and gone. That went by rather quickly. So did October. I hope December lasts a little longer. I really love the Christmas season and I just want to savor it this year.
Our week was a bit up and down. If you read my previous post you know that the boy child was sick for a few days. He was all better by Thanksgiving. But then I got sick the day after. Not the same kind of sick, luckily. Just a cold, and fortunately it has about run it's course and I am feeling better now.
Anyway, besides the illnesses the week went well. Wednesday we had a get together at our house with some new found friends. I made some homemade cheesy potato soup and rolls and Mike made some chicken kabobs. Our friends brought salad and beverages. It was a fun night and Mike was excited that he got to play his Risk 2210 A.D. game with a group of people (finally.) Smiles were had by all.
The next day was Thanksgiving, and somehow by some miracle we slept until 10 a.m. Well, the boy child DID wake up around 5:30 or 6:00 the first time, but we managed to get him to go back to sleep until 10. It was a leisurely morning. I was happy that we made all our Thanksgiving food the day before (pie, salad, cranberry relish.) The only thing I had to do was bake some rolls. Lesa, who invited us to her house made the rolls but needed us to bake them in our oven since hers was occupied by a turkey. I am thankful for John and Lesa for inviting us to their home for Thanksgiving so we wouldn't have to spend it alone. Although their entire family was there, we had a good time and it wasn't as awkward as I imagined. It was a pretty stress free holiday, which is more than I can say for the host. How are you holding up anyway, Lesa? Their family has a tradition of playing family bingo every year and so we participated in that and went away with some pretty awesome loot for prizes.
It was so nice to spend the rest of the weekend with Mike. I really love any time that he is home and the boy child loves it too. It actually hurts my feelings sometimes because if Mike is home, it's like I don't even exist to the boy child. :( He just loves his dad so much and loves hanging around with him doing "man" stuff, whatever that is.
Anyway, tomorrow is the start of a new week and a new month. I hope it's a great one!

1 comment:

Sheltielady said...

Sounds like you had a fun holiday. We had only Jen and AJ & Kathy (with Chase). It was one QUIET day I tell you!

we did have more company yesterday, so that was fun.

December could stay around awhile - if it will only be mild for us, and snow like crazy in the mts!
I can hardly wait till the 26th!!! whoo whoo

Gramma Rose