Monday, November 10, 2008

Movies

So we've watched quite a few movies lately and since I don't have time to give a huge review for each of them I'll just give a few brief comments instead.



The Love Guru----Okay, normally I'm a fan of Mike Meyers. I used to be big into Austin Powers and stuff. But apparently something has changed inside of me and I have a hard time finding penis jokes funny anymore. I'd say there were more offensive things in this movie than truly funny things.



The Great Debaters----Mike and I really liked this movie. It was fairly clean and had a good story. I thought the acting was good. I felt like it brought out something good in me. I've used the word "good" too many times describing this movie, haven't I? It was just one of the better flicks I've seen lately.



Baby Mama----Seriously, Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are really funny broads. The movie seemed to be inter-weaved with part funny and part serious moments. I thought there were some humorous scenes. Definitely not as crude as The Love Guru.



Iron Man----This had some good action and some humor. I thought Robert Downey Jr. was great for the part. I'm not big into action films, but I still enjoyed it.



Indiana Jones----Okay, so I actually wasn't paying much attention to this show while it was playing. I was working on some mind boggling brain puzzle. I just remember the ending being kind of weird and trippy and....lame.



The Eye----Typical scary/thriller flick. It was interesting though and now I'm curious to know if this kind of thing could really happen with an organ transplant. I liked this movie because even though it was kind of frightening, it had a happy ending. Not like some of the scary movies these days where you think it's over, but it's really not.... or it leaves you with a ton of unanswered questions. This movie had none of that.



The Other Boleyn Girl----This movie wasn't too bad. There was kind of an uncomfortable love scene there in the middle. And basically the movie was about trying to "bed" the king of England. So that's a plus, right? This was kind of a tragic film in so many ways.



You Don’t Mess with the Zohan----It's an Adam Sandler film, need I say more? I guess I'm just not into crude sexual humor lately. And there was quite a bit in this film. Too many disturbing things for me to really enjoy the funny parts. Lots of pelvic thrusting, bare bums, body part references, the list goes on and on. Too bad that producers think the only way to make movies funny these days is to talk about penises non-stop. (p.s. Dave Matthews had a small part in the movie, so that was a bonus.)



No comments: