Friday, November 21, 2008

Meh (Randomosity)

~I am so tired today. I just want to go to sleep......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

~But I can't because 1.) I have to type this post :) and 2.) I have to clean my house after I type this post.

~I am having my aunt over for dinner tonight, and I still don't know what I'm going to make.....

~I wish I didn't hate cooking so much. I think I will make Mike cook something on the grill tonight.

~I feel so blah today. Maybe if I took better care of myself I wouldn't feel so grotesque.

~Speaking of feeling so blah, I had a good, long, productive talk with Mike last night and we set some goals to get healthier. I love Mike. He's a great husband.

~We sent out our Thanksgiving cards last week. Yup, Mike won. No Christmas cards this year. So far we've gotten mixed responses to our card.

~I hate it when the weather is so dreary like this. Maybe my MIL is right. Maybe I'm already suffering from seasonal affective disorder. Or maybe it's something else....

~Yesterday Vessie went in for his 2 year check up. He was such a good boy and everyone loved his little fauxhawk. They decided to do a blood test to find out more about the alleged peanut allergy. He was so brave throughout the whole procedure. They stuck one arm and couldn't find the vein, so they had to stick his other arm too. Poor guy. I just held him and sang to him to try to keep his mind off of it. But I almost started crying too! He was such a sweet-heart and kept saying "hi" to all the nurses. They let him pick out some bandaids (which he LOVES) and a lollipop, so all was well in the end. I love that kid so much. :)

~Oh, by the way, it turns out that our kid is healthy. He is turning into a really lean boy though. He's not so chubs anymore. :( But when I think about it, I was a lean child, and I believe Mike always was too, so it's probably just genetic. I wish I was still lean.....

~So, this week someone told me I must be vain because of the car I drive. Whoa, pass the judgment pudding, please! If they only knew.....

~The 80's are really coming back strong. Even music lately sounds like it came straight out of the 80's era. Examples include Spiralling by Keane, Dawn of the Dead by Does it Offend You, Yeah?, Electric Feel by MGMT, just to name a few. It's fine by me. I LOVE 80's music. Check this out. Oh wait, this is better. Swwweeeeeet.

~That was just the jolt I needed. Now I must go clean. Faretheewell....

~I just realized I use "......" at the end of my sentences quite a bit, and I don't even know why....

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Love the Thanksgiving card! You guys look great! We miss ya!

Sheltielady said...

poo - MIL :(

Katie said...

We LOVED your Thanksgiving cards!! Thank you for it! Btw, we usually send out New Year's cards (mostly bc I am too late/lazy to send out Christmas ones!)

Anonymous said...

We loved the card Vessel is so cute.It's amazing how fast they grow up. I too think that the weather is getting me down, it has been rainy and foggy here.
I hope you guys have a good Thanksgiving.

Karen said...

I for one loved your Thanksgiving card! I don't see why sending a card at Thanksgiving instead of Christmas is a problem. I mean, Turkey Day doesn't get enough attention if you ask me.

I love that the 80s are coming back. I love the clothes (most of them) and the music...and I LOVE the new Keane CD so much! Some of the songs on there are really 80s-ish, but they are still totally Keane.

I, too, and a fan of ellipses (aka "...").

The Allred Family said...

i loved your tahnksgiving cars. I love the phrase, "embrace the spirit or gluttony". Funny. It was fun to get somethign early before the onslaught happens....then they just get lost in teh muddle. You guys looked really good too!