Wednesday, November 26, 2008

For the Love of Humanity!

Well, it seems that Vessel has caught a bug. For the past 2 days he has had severe diarrhea. Let me just tell you about my life these past couple of days. Okay, so I wake up to the sounds of my son crying because his tummy hurts. I go in to change him and unzip his pajamas to find that he is in a sea of liquid poo. That's never a good sign right? Somehow the fabric of his pajamas keeps the liquid inside instead of soaking to the outside. It's like he's swimming in it and covered from head to toe! Then he is crying because his bum hole is so raw from the poo that I can't even wipe him down. Then I give him a bath and slather him with A+D diaper rash ointment and put a new diaper on him, only to hear the explosive onslaught of diarrhea start all over again. I go through about 3 or 4 pair of clothes a day. He won't eat or drink anything but somehow still manages to poo so much that it explodes up his diaper and into his shirt sleeves! I kid you not! I feel so sad for him because I know he can't control it and I'm sure his tummy feels really sour and gross right now. But I'm suffering too! Today I threw up from changing him. I have not thrown up since I was pregnant more than 2 years ago! So you know it's gotta be bad! He hasn't had such anal leakage since last December around Christmas when he got sick. Poor kid. I have to give him 2-3 baths a day because the poo just gets all over. It's like creamy yellow soup. I know, you wanted to hear that right? Well, you need to know what I have to deal with! I called Mike at work today and told him he owes me big time. While he's off enjoying his cushy office job I'm here cleaning up a mess that could only come directly from the depths of hell!! Okay, that was harsh. I just wish my little boy would get feeling better soon and I could take off the hazmat suit I've been wearing around the house the last few days just to endure the toxic smell of poo.

8 comments:

RAZ said...

In Mike's defense, office jobs are often filled with their own special kind of pain. And as dads we'd much rather be at home doing our best to help with the childcare. Many of us don;t have the talents to do so naturally, but with training we can become adequate.

Sorry to hear about the poo bombs. Hope V gets to feeling better, for everyone's sake.

J said...

Oh, in Mike's defense eh? Today he told me all about his exciting day which consisted of his boss being gone and him taking over. Plus he said it was like a winter wonderland at the office with all the Christmas stuff up and they served hot chocolate and some kind of pastry, which he partook of. And that's not cushy? Okay, okay, I know he's got his own crap to deal with at work. And I appreciate him working so I can stay home, I really do. But he still owes me.... :)

I'm sure you've had lots o' poo fun since Benjamin's birth, right? Can you relate yet?

Soda said...

poor baby! hope he gets feeling better. bananas, rice, applesauce, toast...

J said...

Kathy,
Yes, I've been trying to feed him bananas and applesauce with rice cereal and lots of pedialyte. It has helped a bunch!

Karen said...

Good luck! It sounds disgusting. I can't imagine what it's like for Vessel with a diaper full of liquid poop, and i can't imagine what it's like for you having to clean it. I hope it gets over soon.

RAZ said...

I am somewhat sensitive to the misery of the poo bomb. We haven't had anything too bad with the baby yet, but I've been on the business end of cleaning THE ENTIRE HOUSE after my hound dog covered it in liquid feces on more than one occasion. Nothing like arriving home from work to find every surface in your home covered with poo. And I admit that nothing at the office so far has compared to that. Some things I saw in Iraq are comparable, but not at my day job.

Melissa Tupou said...

Tati had the same thing. Turns out it was Roto Virus. The smell was so horrible!!! She got it from someone in nursery. It lasted about 4 days. Maybe Vess has that?

The Allred Family said...

HAZMAT suit! You're hilarious. I love that you called it anal leakage....gross!!! I totally empathize with you...been there, done that. UGH!