Friday, September 12, 2008

Today's Random-osity

1. I hate feeling guilty for being happy. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? For instance, if someone asks me how I'm doing I will usually reply with a "so-so" kind of answer, even if I'm doing exceptionally well. That's because I worry that if I tell people I'm super happy, they might be having a bad day or going through a hard time, and hearing that might make them feel more like crap or something. I hate feeling like I have to supress my happiness because someone else might resent me for it, or be jealous, or think I'm annoyingly happy. I know it's stupid. I'm tired of feeling that way. I should just feel happy and not be afraid to show it or tell other people right?

2. I tried coconut milk ice cream yesterday and it was really freakin' GOOOOD. It reminded me of a frozen pina coloada, minus the pina.

3. I really dislike scammers. We've got our burple car listed to sell, and so far we've had like 6 people claiming they wanted to buy it, but they turned out to be scammers. What these people do is write us an email saying they will send a check for over the amount of the car and we need to send the remaining money to their "agent" for shipping fees, etc. C'mon people, do we look that stupid? Sadly, there are people out there who fall for tricks like that. It's frustrating because we'd really like to sell our car and then some stupid scammer gets our hopes up only to let us down.

4. This morning bright and early Vessel and I took a long walk around the neighborhood and over to a nearby park. I think it was the best idea I've ever had. The crisp morning air felt so good and the walk wore Vessel out enough that he actually went down for nap by himself this afternoon.

5. So tonight is the home inspection for the "brown house." Nothing better go wrong or I just might cry.

6. Did you know that Montana is big into using medicinal marijuana?

7. When Mike got home from work yesterday he said that he had some really exciting news. He proceeded to tell me (with a HUGE smile on his face) that at work he "won tickets to...." (he paused and got me all pumped up) "a HO-DOWN!" A ho-down? Man, I thought he was going to say Hawaii or something.

8. I don't think we're going to throw Vessel a big 2 year birthday party like we did for his 1st birthday. It was fun and everything but it was a lot of work. I think we'll just do something simple this year.

9. Mike and I decided we want to dress Vessel as a vampire this Halloween. Won't that be a precious sight? Fake blood coming out the corners of his little mouth, a widow's peak, and a black cape. I think he'll look super cute!!

10. You stay classy San Diego.

6 comments:

Tracy said...

I am kind of the opposite of you. I will tell people I am doing better than I really am. I don't want people to feel bogged down if I'm having a bad day.

I think you should tell people that you are happy. It's not a crime and your happiness might make their day better.

I am so excited for your ho-down! That totally cracked me up. I can totally see Mike telling you that.

I enjoyed the birthday party last year, but I understand the amount of work that goes into them. Remind me to tell you about Gavin's surprise party I did a few years ago if I haven't already told you.

I'm glad you are so happy. That makes me happy!

RAZ said...

I tell people I feel fine, but they never believe me. I guess I'm an unhappy-looking person.

The first time I thought seriously about buying a motorcycle most of the sellers I contacted were scammers. They'd actually hijack unused eBay accounts and post a bike up at a decent market price, but when you e-mailed them they'd have a story like that the reason they were selling the bike was that they were in the military and had just transferred overseas where the bike had been impounded because it couldn't be imported. If I could just wire them the money they'd be able to get the bike out of impound and ship it right to my door. Right...I'll get on that immediately. Fun guys, those scammers.

Maybe they'll have some medicinal marijuana at the ho-down.

Sheltielady said...

It is so fun to read your posts and see what is happening in Big Sky country :D...Da ship is going to look like one swell vampire. Hey you can get a hair blacking stick, you get it wet and run it through his hair and it turns it black! washes right out. If I remember correctly we did that for Mike one year, he is one hot darkie... lol

Gramma Rose

Katie said...

Haha!! I loved this post, you crack me up! I especially LOVED the ho-down..how fun! ;) Also, how did the brown house inspection go....?!?!?!

The Allred Family said...

He will ook so cute as a vampire. And by the way, tehse are my favorite types of posts. Random thoughts of reality....not fluff. A HO-DOWN??? That is some real counrty fun!!! How funny.... medical marijuana.for things like a heahdache, right? I should move there. :) I'm kidding. For things like cancer. Thanks for the post...good luck with your inspection.

Melissa said...

Jamie,
I think you should not stoop to make others feel better..."let your light shine" I think that is what will help others most!!!
Miss ya tons!