Monday, September 8, 2008

Brown Wins!

So are we totally wishy washy? We backed out of buying the blue house (at least for now.) After work Mike went with me to look at the inside of the brown house again and we both felt really good about it. Then we went over to the blue house to look at it one more time. And sure enough, we felt more of an attraction to the brown house. So we told our buyer's agent to get a hold of the seller and call off our agreement due to problems that came up during the inspection. Then we made an offer on the brown house! Wow, things happen so fast. Mike and I are really praying that the seller of the brown house will accept our offer, or at least give us a pretty close counter offer. And luckily our home inspector said he'd give us a discount on our next home inspection. A little is better than nothing, right? The nice thing about the brown house is that it's in the ward boundaries that we're already in too, so we wouldn't have to start all over again being the newbies and meeting a whole new set of people. I dunno guys. I guess we'll see what happens. Cross your fingers for us, mmmmmkay?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jamie! I feel so bad I totally forgot that you went private and was thinking man she hasn't posted forever and I actually went to your blog instead of google reader and realized I had missed out on so much! We could have maybe met up when you came to visit your fam where we live so close to St. Anthony... anyways... it was good to get all caught up! Your family pic is so cute by the way and your little guys is getting so BIG! Well take care! And good luck with the house buying!!

The Allred Family said...

yeah, buying a house is very stressful. I don't envy you at all. It's kind of exciting too though. Let us know if your offer is accepted and I want to see pics

Katie said...

Good luck!! I think the brown house has a lot of character (older, yes, but updated!). We can't wait to hear what the verdict is..I hope you get it!

Kathy said...

Hey Jamie - the brown house looks nice - I like the porch. Was the price about the same? You also don't have to look at the sign across the street from the blue house! We had a great time - come again after our wedding is over and we can explore more parts of Alberta. Kathy

Rebekah said...

Saweeeeeet! I hope you get the brown house. It looks awesome! I love 1920's houses. Good luck, yall.