Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Still Bringin' It....Slightly

Wow, we've already made it to "recovery" week. Don't let the name fool you... it doesn't mean it's gonna be easy. This week is full of core synergistics, kenpo, and yoga. Oh, dreaded yoga....I can't begin to tell you how much I dislike doing yoga. So when I found out that we would be doing it multiple times this week rather than ONCE, I was a bit disappointed. The second time we played the video I fell asleep while doing one of the stretches and slept until the video was over. Granted, it was about 11 pm so I was already sleepy anyway. But falling asleep during a work-out? Come on! Some of the stretches in yoga can be very relaxing, but for the most part I find it very boring. I'm more of a cardio girl. I love doing upbeat exercises that get my heart rate up like aerobics, step, or dancing. But somehow I'll find a way to make it through the (what seems like a million) downward dog positions.
Last night instead of doing yoga I broke out my old Tae-Bo tape just for fun. After doing P90X for 3 weeks, this Tae-Bo business was like a piece of cake. I mean, 25 minutes versus an hour+ is a dramatic difference. Plus, the Tae-Bo moves just felt a little too easy for me. It's nothing now.
So far I haven't seen an enormous difference, although I can definitely FEEL a change in my body. Yes, I am getting toned under that layer of fat. :) I feel stronger and more energetic. So that's good. I think if I was sticking to my diet better I'd see more physical results. Okay, let's be honest here. I love food and I hate depriving myself, especially when it comes to sweets. I truly have been eating better, but there have been a few days of overindulgence. Two weeks ago...chocolate fountain at the baby shower ring a bell? But seriously, how can I NOT have a little dip when there's a chocolate fountain in front of me? Then there was the IHOP incident where all of Mike's family got together before Danny's MTC drop-off. You're not going to find anything healthy on that menu, am I right? And in a moment of weakness I ate a flauta Bajio salad. Ah.... it was good though! I've been keeping a food journal and it has been helpful. It's kind of a pain to write everything down but in the end I get to see just what I'm putting into my body. Before this diet I was kind of oblivious to what I consumed. And I was also totally unaware of how much the little things could add up. A tablespoon of butter on toast, a few tablespoons of salad dressing, a handful of chocolate chips, a few tablespoons of oil in my stir-fry.... those little things add up fast. Mike and I have been eating SO much better though. More vegetables, fish instead of red meat, more soy, whole grain breads, skim milk, fat-free cheeses, egg whites without yolks, less sugar, and drinking more water. I feel better than I have in a long time and that's what I've got to remember every time I feel like eating a Krispy Kreme or a handful of M&Ms. As the saying on Sheldon and Michelle's fridge used to read: "More control, lose the roll." I better keep that in mind!

1 comment:

The Allred Family said...

Good for you for taking control of your body!!! I am in the same boat as you.....I LOVE to exercise but can't let go of food. But it sounds like you are controlling that aspect pretty good too! You are hot and you're gonna be smokin soon....keep it up!