Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Our Letters

A few weeks ago Mike and I bought some binders and sheet protectors and finally organized all of our letters to each other! We even put them in chronological order by date and with my letter first, then his response and then my response and so forth. It was really fun to read our past love letters to each other and it will be cool for our kids to read someday too! Er...maybe..... if they can handle the mushy gushy-ness of it all. The one thing I really regret though, is not printing off all the emails we sent to each other during the beginning of our courtship. I kept them in a folder and then one day my email account got too big and it just deleted everything I had saved! Sad times...but at least we've got all these, not to mention tapes, cards, pictures and all kinds of other memorabilia that will forever rest in the Mike and Jamie files.


3 comments:

The Allred Family said...

WOW! I cannot believe you two actually wrote/write that many letters to each other. That's amazing. You two really work hard at your marriage. How admirable!!! You two are the picture or romance! :)

Karen said...

So were these letter from the mission? Because I did the exact same thing with letters Dave and I wrote to one another on his mission (it was a valentines gift I made for him 2 years ago, I think). Looks about the same, too... it is so neat to have them all in the same place, huh? I love looking back on those letters.

J said...

these letters are from before the mish, during, and after. we still write letters and make cards for each other to this day. that valentine's gift you made was probably one of dave's favorites, am i right?