Friday, March 28, 2008

I Miss My Sugar

Mike has been at a finance conference in Ohio since Wednesday morning. He doesn't get back until Saturday night. I know, it's only four days, but I miss him like crazy. I guess it just seems we haven't seen each other for a long, long time because last weekend I went to Idaho without him and then with our school schedules we hardly saw each other Monday or Tuesday, and then he left Wednesday morning. And he rarely gets to call me during the day since he's so busy. It's been rough. Luckily a friend of mine was able to watch Vessel for me Wednesday so I could go to class, and then Thursday I hired a babysitter for practically the whole day so I could go to class. I normally would have just skipped it, but I had to turn in an assignment and I also had to perform my scene in acting class with my partner. It went really great by the way. But anyhoo, I didn't realize just how much I rely on Mike until this week when I haven't had his help everyday. During a regular week, he watches Vessel while working from his home office while I'm off expanding my mind. He helps out with so many things that I just don't know what I'd do without him. And Vessel misses him so much too. For instance, yesterday morning I put him in bed with me and he was searching under the sheets and pillows saying, "Dad? Dad?" I tried to explain that Dad wasn't here, but he just kept asking for him. And every time he heard footsteps or voices outside he would run to the door and say, "Dad? Dad?" Mike is everything to that kid. I'm amazed at all the single parents out there because I KNOW I couldn't do it. I couldn't take care of this child all by myself. I mean, I could do it because that's what I'd have to do, but really it would be so difficult and demanding and I think I'd go crazy. Not because I hate being a mother or hate taking care of my child, or any of that. It's just hard to maintain a certain level of sanity without the help of others. So I am very grateful to those who have helped me this week. :) Vessie and I are really looking forward to having Mike with us again!!

1 comment:

The Allred Family said...

Vessel sounds like such a sweetheart....I am really proud of you for not giving up on school. You are dedicated!