Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Easter!

After checking out at the grocery store last week we noticed they were taking free photos of people's kids and the Easter Bunny. So we thought, "Why not?" The kid in front of us was so afraid that she was screaming and bawling her head off until her mother took her away. I'm sure that made for a lovely photo. So when it was Vessel's turn I went and stood him on the bench next to Mr. Easter Bunny and he turned into a rock. I'm not sure if he was afraid or just really confused by the big headed furry creature. You have to admit, it is a little creepy. Vessel literally froze. He was petrified. And the look on his face was classic. He DID NOT want to be touched by this thing. I was laughing so hard! The photographer took a couple of different shots, but this was by far the best one. I'm so happy that my little boy can make me laugh! Anyway, hope you enjoy this picture and hope you all have a happy Easter!

(click on the picture to enlarge)



3 comments:

RAZ said...

I wonder how many kids have been traumatized by visits with Santa and the Easter Bunny over the years. I know I never really liked sitting on Santa's lap. The only reason I ever did it is because my parents told me I wouldn't get what I wanted if I didn't tell Santa. My greed overcame my fear.

J said...

i'm sure there are a lot of kids out there in therapy right now because of the easter bunny and santa. personally, i think they're both a little creepy. maybe the bunny more though. reminds me of the bunny on donny darko.

Anonymous said...

Sooo cute!!!!! I love to see how kids will react to the "Easter Bunny" or "Santa Claus"! Hey I just wanted to thank you for being concerned with what's going on in our lives!!! You're a great friend and I am not because I forgot to tell you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry! But I loved your explanantion of the spa! I really want to go now! It was a very relaxing read! Happy Easter!