Saturday, March 15, 2008

Am I Just Kidding Myself?

Spring break has officially started for us. We aren't going on any grand trips (I envy those of you who are!) or doing anything remotely exciting. But I hope to use these next 9 days to my advantage. I have a list of things I'd like to accomplish. First, I have homework that needs completed. Homework on spring break? Have I ever done homework during spring break before? Not likely. But as painfully boring and ridiculous as it might be to have homework during spring break it HAS to be done. For my drawing class I must have my self-portrait completed by next Monday. I must type a paper for my acting class and rehearse my lines for Brighton Beach Memoirs. And I have a dreaded assignment in Statistics. Shoot me now. Hopefully I can get those all done early in the week so I have time to work on some personal projects. One of those projects is that I hope to finish crocheting a white carrier to hold my temple clothes in. I would also like to get a few pages of my scrapbook finished. I have a plethora of magazines I need to read. See, Mike and I had a bunch of flyer miles that were going to expire so we just traded them in for a bazillion magazine subscriptions. So I will be going through issues of Redbook, Body + Soul, Blender, Time, Newsweek, Babytalk, and Rolling Stone while Mike will be reading Forbes and several other investment type magazines. We wouldn't want them to go to waste ya know. I would also like to organize all the music on our computer and burn a bunch of cds. I also hope to do some major spring cleaning. I want to rearrange the furniture and deep clean the closets, cupboards and drawers to get rid of any unused items. I would also like to watch a few movies and go longboarding, workout, and play at the park with Vessel. Oh, and clean out the cars (especially the trunks,) catch up on the laundry, and maybe scrub the bathtub (ugh.) There's plenty that needs to be done. But I have a feeling that, even though I don't have to go to school or crossing this week, I won't be close to getting all the stuff done that I need/want to do. That's life when you have kids. :)

No comments: