Monday, March 24, 2008

The End of Spring Break (boo hoo) and Easter

How glorious was spring break! It was a well needed rest from school. I got some of the things accomplished that I wanted to do. Not everything....but that's life.
My cousin who lives in Salt Lake called and told me she was heading up to Idaho for Easter weekend and asked me if I'd like to catch a ride with her. I thought it would be a good idea since I wasn't sure when the next chance I'd have to see my family would come around. Mike didn't end up coming with us because he had a lot of work to do on his thesis, and basically, he hates me. Well, not really that last part. :) So we kind of celebrated Easter together on Friday (the 21st) knowing that we weren't going to see each other on Sunday. As a kid, my parents always got us Easter presents (or should I say the Easter bunny did.) I wanted to continue the tradition with Vessel so we got him a few things and put them in a basket full of easter grass. Basically, I just love any excuse to get him stuff and surprise him. Some might think he's spoiled, but I don't think so. :) Mike and I have colored and hidden eggs from each other in the past, but this year we didn't get around to it. For one thing, we don't eat eggs anymore (egg yolks anyway) and for another we didn't have a lot of time. But I got him some weights for working out, so he better appreciate them! Happy Easter, babe. Anyhoo, that night my cousin picked me and Vessie up and we headed up to Idaho. It was really good to catch up with my cousin and talk about stuff. And we made great time! I stayed with her family that night and Vessie and I shared a room. Guys, it was rough. I CANNOT sleep in the same room as my kid. He is SO loud. He's always tossing and turning and talking in his sleep. He never fusses or anything, he's just really noisy. Saturday my sister picked me up from my Uncle's and we went and got some flowers to put on mom's grave since it was her birthday about a week prior. Then we visited grandma and grandpa because they rarely get to see their great-grandson Vessel. They got Vessel an Easter basket full of little treats and toys. And grandma made me the cutest Easter bag that you can view here. They fed us lunch and then we went further north to visit my dad and his girlfriend. Grandpa had fun with Vessel and we got to visit for awhile. Chris made us a good dinner and then unfortunately we had to leave. Steph drove me back to my Uncle's house and ended up staying the night there with me. The next day we attended sacrament meeting and and heard some great talks about the resurrection and what Easter really means. Back at my Uncle's we visited and had dinner. My aunt made Easter pies (a tradition in their house) and Easter bread and lots of other wonderful food. Eventually we had to drive back home. It was so great to see Mike again! Vessel and I really missed him.

Here are some pictures from Easter weekend


Vessel's Easter gifts. A new pant and shirt combo, a book, sidewalk chalk, a wooden toy, a spinning rabbit, bubbles, a ball, plastic eggs, and one of those magnetic doodling boards. I thought he would love that drawing board, and sure enough, I was right! Now he can satisfy his need for drawing stuff without getting marks all over the house!

He loved this new wooden toy. You're supposed to put the shapes on the appropriate pegs. It teaches kids how to sort by numbers, colors and shapes.

It was a nice day so we got to play outside with the bubbles and sidewalk chalk.

Mommy had more fun with the chalk than Vessel did. Since he loves to draw so much I thought he'd love it, but he just tried to eat the chalk instead.

For some reason he likes to spin around in circles. I make circles with his train track pieces sometimes and he likes to step inside of them and go around and around. So I drew a circle on the sidewalk and he did the same thing. It's really entertaining.


Grandma and Grandpa just got a new Yorkshire Terrier puppy that wanted to play with Vessel. She constantly jumped on him and licked his face. Vessel wasn't a big fan.

While we were in the area, my sister and I drove to the Rexburg temple that recently opened in February and got some pictures of it. It is very beautiful!



1 comment:

Karen said...

I'm so glad you had a great Easter and a fun trip!