Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today's Randomosity

1. Vessel learned how to climb out of his crib today. He would not take a nap because he just kept climbing out. Ah, the frustration!! Time to get a toddler bed maybe?

2. Speaking of my kid, he likes the grossest food. Milk soaked bread and cereal dipped in ketchup are just a few I can think of. Nastiness....

3. I am so happy that we have bikes now! Saturday morning before conference we scoured the town for garage sales and happily found one with 2 very new mountain bikes for sale. The best part is that they only cost us 20 bucks a piece! Well, that was after Mike's stupendous negotiating skills.

4. By the way, what's up with boy bikes and girl bikes? Why are they different?

5. Mike is becoming quite the handy man around our new house. Here's an example: Last week I tried using our brand new dishwasher only to realize that it wasn't draining properly. I called the repair man and he came over, looked at it, and told me it was the disposal and not the dishwasher causing the problem. Anyway, he basically told me it would cost 170 dollars to remove the knock-out plug (since the person who installed the disposal neglected to remove it before instalation.) I kindly thanked him for coming over to look at it but let him know I would not be paying him to remove it for me. When Mike got home, it took him approximately 2 minutes to fix the problem.

6. I don't consider myself a punk or a skater, and I know they've been around for a very long time now....but I just bought skinny pants yesterday. I know, I know. I never thought I'd do it. But they were so cheap and I thought, "what the heck?"

7. You know what I've noticed since living here? I see more black people here in Great Falls than I ever did in Salt Lake. True story.

8. I love our new house!!!

9. Next post will be about the house...with pictures....I promise!!!

10. Is the grey background of our blog template too depressing?

7 comments:

RAZ said...

I'm sorry you gave in and bought skinny pants, but not as sad as I'd be if Mike did.

The grey background does make it a little hard for me to read.

The Allred Family said...

I love your new templste. So easy to navigate. i would love to change mine but it's s o slow if I do for some reason. My skinny jeans are definitely my fave. When I first bought them in June I was skeptical and thought I'd only wear them every once in a while. I wear them whevener they are clean. i love them .They say so much about style....you can be stylish and wear any shirt but look rad b/c of the pants. i bet you're rocking them.

Karen said...

Every time I go shopping for clothes, I see the skinny pants and think to myself, "can I get away with this?" So I try them on and the answer is always no, I can't. The thing is, skinny pants are made for skinny people :( Maybe I'll find a pair that works for me yet. But I'm glad you were successful!

I'm happy you didn't have to pay someone to fix your dishwasher problem. Those repair guys really rip you off, huh?

And I would also like to know the difference between boy and girl bikes. As far as I can tell...there isn't one.

Tracy said...

I do think the grey is a little depressing, especially after having the colorful ones before. When I think of you, I don't think of the color gray.

I'm glad things are going well for you. I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

J said...

okay, so i think i'll change our blog template color....


also, karen, i'd like to just say that i don't consider myself skinny by any means, but somehow the pants still look good hugging my fat butt. :) seriously though, i think you could get away with it. if it's comfort your thinking about however, maybe the tight tapered leg wouldn't work out for you. i never thought the tapered 80's pants would come back in style. i've got to be honest, mike thought the pants looked a little ridiculous on me. i love mike, but it didn't stop me from wearing them! sometimes you just gotta follow your heart and live your dreams.

okay, i was totally kidding about that last sentence if you didn't catch on....

Sheltielady said...

you are too funny Jamie :D
I bet you look great in skinny pants.... um... what are skinny pants anyway?

I can hardly wait to see pics of the house!
thanks for getting rid of the dull gray... but hey, plain white isn't you either... :D ya know

Mom

Sheltielady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.