Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Randomosity

~I lost my keys last week. And anyone who knows me knows that I HATE to lose ANYTHING. I have traced my steps, I have gone through this house up and down, have looked through every drawer, under every piece of furniture, and pretty much every imaginable place. But I have been unsuccessful in my search. Luckily we have spare keys to the cars and house, but I cannot tell you how inconveniently sucky (I know, great word right?) it is not having keyless entry when you're carrying a baby and 3 bags of groceries to the car. And I really can't tell you how frustrating it is for me that I can't friggin' remember where I left them.


~So it's time for me to go in for my yearly check-up and I need to get my thyroid hormone levels tested again. I have a feeling that my prescription needs to be adjusted, but I guess we'll see. I've just been feeling "weird" lately. Not totally myself, ya know? Anyway, we actually have insurance through Mike's job now, but it's so crappy how much people have to pay for insurance. And it's so confusing too. I have been trying to understand our benefits more, and what exactly is covered and what isn't and it is so overwhelming it just gives me a headache. The healthcare system in this country is ridiculous.


~Okay, I just want to say that old people are great. I just love 'em. Most of the old people I know are so cute and friendly and sweet. I am also quite amazed at how many skills old people have. Most of the old ladies I know can cook ANYTHING from scratch, sew their own clothes, knit, grow their own gardens, etc. They didn't grow up with the internet and iPods and texting and all this new technological stuff, so they have learned REAL skills that are actually useful. And most of them are so frugal because they've endured financial hardships, so they can pretty much make do with whatever they have. I want to be more like the old people I know.


~I am sick to death of politics lately. Things are getting kind of scary. The worst part is that I just don't know where I stand on some issues. Sometimes I want to throw my hands up in the air and say "I don't care" because I have so many mixed feelings regarding some of the issues. Some things that have been plaguing my mind lately: Proposition 8, abortion, health care, the economy, gun control, education, welfare, and poverty.


~Our house is always SO cold. Mike and I are convinced that angry ghosts reside here.


~Speaking of....why did M. Night Shyamalan have to make a rated R movie? I've loved all of his past movies, and now this new one "The Happening" just had to be super extra gory and scary. For what reason is beyond me. Maybe he thought more people would go watch it.


~Why do I have so much anxiety lately? It's like my mind just won't shut off and I am constantly worrying about stuff. Anxiety is one of the worst feelings ever.


~There is a huge Hudderite community here. Whenever I'm out grocery shopping or doing any shopping in general I see groups of Hudderite men and women running errands or shopping together. I have a hard time not staring because I am deeply intrigued by them and so I think I'm going to try to learn more about their colony and culture.


~I really, really love my little boy to pieces.


~I have been feeling very anti-social the last few days. I'm sure it's really unhealthy for me to want to isolate myself and never leave the house or interract with other people. And usually when I do venture out (like going to the pumpkin patch yesterday or to lunch with a couple of friends this afternoon) I enjoy it. But getting to that point of actually going out and DOING SOMETHING is kind of a struggle for me. Once I'm out with other people I'm fine, it's just hard finding the motivation to make that step.


~I wish I could say what I really want to say on this blog.....


8 comments:

Jamie said...

I think you should always say exactly what you want to say. As a matter of fact, that's something I've always loved about you - you speak your mind. I love it.

Good luck at the doctor. I HATE going to the doctor. Yuck!

Jamie said...

Jamie - I just love you to death, but I HATE trying to post comments on your blog. Somehow they always get deleted when I click "publish". I just had this really great comment but now it's history. Sad.

The Allred Family said...

why can't you say what you really want to say? I woudl ove to hear. Don't be a "fluff" contributor! :) I know you Jamie...you hate fluff! Are you ok???? It sounds like you're kinda sad about some things....hmmmmmmm

J said...

jamien,
you should save copies of your comments! that's what i'd do....
i don't know why my page is such a pain to leave comments on. stupid technology.... :)

Tracy said...

I'm with you about losing things. I deal with anxiety all the time and it's not fun at all.
I was upset about the movie, too. It looked really good and I wanted to see it.

It's your blog. Say whatever you want to say.

RAZ said...

Just follow your heart. That's what I do.

Karen said...

I hope you're doing okay! Thank you for sharing what's on your mind here.

Anonymous said...

I understand wishing you could write exactly what you feel on your blog but knowing that everyone reads it or you know who reads it and so you can't write some things....etc you get my point! I love that you are so honest in your feelings though...And I think that is awesome how your prayers were answered in one of your more recent posts. It's always nice to have a reassurance that Heavenly Father is ever mindful of us. Hang in there!!!