Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Everything Will Be Okay...

Well, I've kind of had a rough week, and it's only Wednesday! But things are getting better. Here is a great story for y'all. So as you know, we just bought this house. It's a great house, but there have been some issues now and then. If it's not a shelf falling off the wall, or the washer leaking it's something else. The most recent happened today when the furnace didn't kick on this morning as it's programmed to. I called the repairman to come take a look at it and was told that they might not be able to come out until tomorrow. Well, since our house gets pretty cold during the day I was thinking Vessel and I would just have to bundle up good and endure it. I don't care so much about myself, but I don't want my little boy to freeze, ya know? Anyway, I kept saying a little prayer in my heart that we'd be able to have someone come over today. Sure enough someone just showed up about an hour ago. The guy was really friendly and found the problem right away (one of the wires came loose) and was able to fix it quickly. The whole time I just had a little prayer in my heart that he wouldn't charge me or that if he did charge me it wouldn't be too much and we would be able to afford it. I was very nice to the guy (trust me, that helps!) and gave him a glass of juice and a little snack. (How motherly of me, right?) Anyway, as we were walking up the stairs I said, "So, do I owe you anything for coming over?" And he said, "Yeah, I'm afraid I'm going to have to charge you a diagnostic fee." After punching in some keys on his little machine he said it would cost $80. He wasn't even here an hour! I asked him if he was serious, and he said, "Hold on a minute" and then got on the phone with his secretary. I heard him ask if they were still doing the food drive, said a few more things, then got of the phone. After his call he looked at me and said that they were doing a local food drive and that they would waive the diagnostic fee if I donated 3 cans of food. I about peed myself with happiness! I was like, "I'll give you all the cans you want!" So I grabbed a bag and put a bunch of cans in it. A small price to pay in comparison to the original $80. I KNEW that Heavenly Father answered my prayers. I didn't know how I was going to afford to to pay the guy, and somehow Heavenly Father found a way. I seriously almost started crying. I just wanted to hug the guy, he was so nice. Every time I have an experience like that my heart just fills up and I KNOW that God exists and that He answers my prayers no matter how informal. It is such an incredible blessing to have a testimony. And how wonderful it is to have experiences that strengthen it, especially since I've been feeling so down about stuff this week.

7 comments:

Sheltielady said...

Prayer has a real power and God answers us according to our needs!

what a neat story.
I'm sorry you've been down, how come?
Mom

KIM said...

Too bad your Unkle D. doesn't live closer. He would have fixed it for a hug.He's good at that kind of stuff.

Katie said...

Wow! You must be doing something right! We just call a repairman over and it's usually about $200! Haha, I'm glad that things worked out..prayer is a wonderful thing!

Tracy said...

That is really awesome, Jamie. I'm glad it worked out for you. I know that Heavenly Father is alway here for us. The most amazing things can happen when we are in need and we have faith. :)

Melissa Tupou said...

I know you love Dog the Bounty hunter. In fact if you are down you should go to the library and see if they have a dvd of it. I can guarantee that by the end of one show you will be happy again. Seriously, fool proof happy method.:) I was reading your previous blog about how you wish you could say what you really wanted on your blog and I was thinking you should start an anonymous blog that no one can link you to and just say all your blog all of your stuff into that big black web. I was thinking about doing it myself. Chances are no one would find it anyway to read what a HORRIBLE person I truly am:). Anyways, I am happy for you guys and the new house and George and I want to come visit for sure sometime. Maybe you should come out for a weekend on girls night or something! That would be fun!

Melissa said...

That's so awesome Jamie! Thank you for sharing your story and your beautiful testimony. Love ya girl!

Mike said...

I have the best wife in the world!