Monday, October 27, 2008

Adventures in Island Park

Spent some time at Mike's grandma's cabin in I.P. recently. A nice getaway and beautiful scenery. We had some good times including chopping wood, building a fire, shooting a gun, feeding fish, using the "privy" and nature walks. Here are some photos of our time. Yes, I know, there are a lot.

Early birthday party for the boy child. Mike's mom was sweet and made a cake. The boy child was very into it. Anything chocolate is his kind of thing. He must be related to me.



Here I am chopping wood like a "real man."

Mike too. Trust me, he's a real man.

The forest was beautiful. But pretty darn spooky at night.

Cute boy actually smiled.

Me and the boy child swinging "spider" style.






Vessel loved the outdoors.


Feeding some GIGANTIC fish from the bridge.






I love how the trees reflect off the water.

Even though it was ice cold, the boy child couldn't resist playing in the water.





Some silly pictures of me and Mike.

Acting like he's proposing to me.


More pictures can be viewed here.

9 comments:

Katie said...

Beautiful! And if I haven't said it before..Vessel is so HANDSOME! Seriously, he is a good looking kid! Glad that you had a great time!

Tracy said...

Where was this at?

I'm glad you guys had fun. It does look very pretty where ever you were.

I can't believe Ves is already 2. He is getting so big. I loved the pic of him smiling. So cute!

Melissa said...

Wow that place is absolutely beautiful! Amazing pictures...one of them makes a perfect family picture (the one on the wood deck looking thing). I can't believe Vessel is already almost 2...that's crazy. Sure do miss ya.

Mike said...

Geez Toots, I've gotta admit you're looking pretty flip'm hot!

Sheltielady said...

What a gorgeous family in that beautiful forest :D
Hurrah for Island Park!
Big Springs was fun, too bad the fish were not hungry, but those are some nice shots!

love you, miss you

Mom

J said...

Tracy,
Island Park is in Idaho, about a 5 hour drive from where we live now. I used to go there quite a bit when I lived in Idaho, since at that time, I only lived about 40 minutes away. It's a really beautiful place.

Karen said...

Holy crap...in the hustle and bustle of my own birthday, I forgot to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, VESSEL!"

Melissa Tupou said...

George was excited to hear from you Mike! We miss you guys! Happy Birthday Vessel. Us October babies are the best!

The Allred Family said...

you guys are hilrious with your proposal pics!:) I love the "boy child" is adorable....serioulsy, I love his hair comed to the side. Oh and by the way, no epople don't look at me judgementally when Dee doo wears his fauxhawk. And I do do it that for church. He looks strange w/o it. What am I going to do when it goes out of style? he's gothis widow's peek that is crazy, so it's really the only thing.
That cabin looks sooo cozy. I love the scenery too. Where the heck is IP??