Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Bates Residence

So we've been in the brown house for about a week now. It's an older house and was built in 1920 but it's been fully remodeled top to bottom. New windows, new steel siding, new carpet, new drywall, new kitchen, new bathrooms, etc. It's got 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It's on a full lot so we've got a big backyard for Vessel to play in and we live 2 blocks from a really great park. We have an awesome attic for storing stuff in. I'm so excited to have more space and have my very own room for crafts, sewing, and scrapbooking!! We have nice neighbors on all sides of us. Everyone has been so welcoming to us, dropping by to introduce themselves, bringing us dinner or treats and housewarming gifts. It's in a good neighborhood on one of those streets that have elm trees lining the boulevard. I love it. Plus we're still in the ward boundaries so we don't have to leave! We have big plans for next Spring. We will be building a 2 car garage, extending the already existing deck, and adding a fire pit for night parties hanging out in the backyard and roasting hot dogs and marshmallows. We will also plant a garden next Spring. It is so exciting to finally have a place to call our own. The house isn't perfect, but it will be a great 1st house for us. And I know we'll have a lot of good memories here. We have been so blessed and I can't thank the Lord enough for all He has provided us with. I will post more pictures soon. Please bare with me, as we are still kind of unpacking and all that fun stuff. Maybe I'll even make a video and give y'all a virtual tour. Here are just a few to get started.

Our street

Our House

Our NEW used bikes on our sweet porch

Back yard

Side of the house (we live on a corner lot)

Leading to the downstairs....pretty amazing, right?

Part of the family room I like to call our little reading nook. I want to get a big beanbag chair for the corner for sitting and reading. On the other side of the room will be our entertainment center, couches and chairs for watching movies.

Living Room


We were so happy to get our couches back since they'd been in storage for 3 months! It will be nice to get our end tables and lamps.


The living room extends into the dining area. I hate bare walls so I'm thinking we'll have to get a big piece of artwork for the emptiness on that back wall

The dining room
(we will be putting up trim around the windows and doors in the near future...)

The kitchen
We loved this built in cubby to put our cookbooks and medicinal marijuana in... ;)



Downstairs bathroom (guest bathroom)

I put all the shells we collected from beaches in Japan and the Caribbean in jars to display on this little shelf.



The upstairs bathroom
The color scheme I've got going is dark greens, gold, and rust colors. I've had quite the dilemma picking out towel color combinations.




Mike installed one of those curved shower curtain rods. It's awesome.
There ya have it. For now I hope this is satisfactory for those inquiring about the house!

15 comments:

Sheltielady said...

sweet!!!!
too bad your new home doesn't have any bedrooms in it (LOL)

Mom

J said...

i told you....we are still unpacking! otherwise i would've shown you the bedrooms and the office room. you'll see them eventually!

Rebekah said...

Your house is awesome! I can't wait to come and visit. :) It's good to hear you have nice neighbors. Hopefully none of them will try to steal Vessel's car seat, lol. Be suspicious of pregnant women and their relatives...

RAZ said...

That's a pretty nice habitation. Congrats on finding the right place.

Melissa said...

What an adorable house, I love it! Thanks for posting some pictures of it, I was curious to see what it looked like!! I sure miss you guys. If you're ever in SLC and need a place to stay, you know we would love to have you!!

Melissa said...

Thanks so much for posting some pictures of your CUTE new house, I love it!! It looks like a house from the Avenues in SLC...tons of character. We sure miss you guys! If you're ever coming to SLC and need a place to stay, we'd love to have you guys over :)

Anonymous said...

The house looks and sounds great. I'm very excited for you. I love hearing your testamony building experiences. Love ya lots Erma

Katie said...

Yay! Pictures! Thank you for posting them, the place looks great! Congrats again.

Ashley said...

Definitely an adorably awesome house!!! Love it! Um, p.s. where did you get that killer rug??!

J said...

Ash,
We got the rug at Lowe's in SLC about 2 years ago. I totally thought the rug would be something you'd dig. :)

Karen said...

I really, really love your new house! I bet you have been having a great time decorating and unpacking.

Lualemaga's said...

Jamie the house looks great!
hey i have a question for you, how do i make private one of my blogs.

Anonymous said...

Jamie,
Your house is so cute! I also love to hear about your testimoy building experiences. I an jealous that you have a special room for crafting. Thats the one thing I don't have in my house, I guess if i got rid of all Ben's stuff I might have one but that would be mean since he isn't here. anyway, congrats, love ya
Jolene

Anonymous said...

I love your house and how you've deorated! I wish I could come and visit you! Maybe someday...

The Allred Family said...

sooo cute! i love the tan cupboards in the bathroom.