Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 3 Barbados

We took a taxi to "blue monkey" beach in the morning. The water was beautiful blue and the sand was soft and white. This was a fun place because we got to jet ski, swim with sea turtles and fish, and look for seashells. We were also able to just relax on our beach chairs and soak up the sun, which was a bad idea for me since I'd been cooped up in the house all winter and my white skin hadn't seen the light of day for months! But luckily I healed quickly and my sunburn turned into a tan.


I was a bit disappointed that the pictures of the sea turtles and fish didn't turn out so well with the underwater camera. :(

This was taken from the jetski.
Looking for shells and other treasures on the bottom of the sea.After the beach we took a taxi to downtown. We saw lots of shops and street vendors selling fresh fruit and vegetables.




One thing I loved about the islands was that all the buildings and houses were brightly colored.



Mike next to a palm tree.

No comments: