Thursday, December 6, 2007

What's New

I've committed myself to making all my Christmas gifts this year. It has been a little difficult with time constraints and what not, but so far I have 3 of my projects completed! I wish I could post pictures of them now, but that would just ruin the surprise for those who might read this blog. :) I can't wait to give my gifts away! I have had such a tremendous surge of creative energy lately. I don't know why. But I've been doing a lot of crafty little things and learning new skills. I love it. I've also been writing like crazy, especially poetry, which I haven't done in a very long time. It feels so good. I just wish I had more time to do the things I love.

Mike is almost finished with the semester and I couldn't be happier. It will be nice to have him all to myself over the Christmas break. Well, I don't know how much time we'll actually have since he'll be pushing to write up most of his thesis during that time, and then there's that little thing called a "job" that he'll have to go to....but hopefully we'll get to hang out more than when he's in school full time.

Vessel is getting bigger all the time. He' s walking around like crazy. We bought him a pair of shoes a few weeks ago but they really detract from his walking ability since they're so darn chunky and heavy. So we were happy when Kathy got him some awesome little shoes that are light and thin, with a thin sole. Thank you so much Kathy, he has no problem getting around in those! Vessel is getting more molars, which has been a pain in the butt for both of us. It shouldn't be long until he's eating a T-bone steak. :) He's learning so fast too. I watch him play in the mornings and he is getting so smart. He talks to his toys in different voices. Seriously, it's so cute I can hardly stand it. He's learned how to twist lids on and off of jars, bottles, and such and he could go on doing that for for hours it seems. He loves fitting shapes into his shape sorter and being pulled around on a blanket. The other day I was changing the bedding so our comforter was on the floor. He climbed on top of it and so I started pulling him around the house. I could hear his laughter trailing behind me. He is starting to love books more too. He was never that interested in them before, but now he'll crawl up on my lap to read a story and sit there contently. He has gotten quite independent lately, especially when it comes to feeding himself. He hates it when I try to spoon feed him because he wants to do it, dang it. That creates a bit of a mess, but if it's at night before his bath I'll usually let him go at it with his Vessel size eating utensils. Vessel loves to point and where ever we go he is constantly staring and pointing and learning and discovering new things. When we had our first snow of the season I didn't think much of it. I mean come on, I grew up in Idaho, so I've seen plenty of snow in my life. But it didn't dawn on me until Vessel and I went out to run errands that day that it was his first time seeing snow. He pointed like crazy and "oohed" and "awwed" about it. He has been fascinated with it ever since. I let him play in it for awhile yesterday. It was like the cold didn't even phase him, he was so intrigued by the stuff that it didn't matter a bit. I really love that kid and it's so fun to watch all of these "firsts" happen in his life.

So that's life lately. Not a whole lot to tell I guess. :)


No comments: