Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas

I always get so sad when the day after Christmas arrives. Bummer. Really, January has nothing to offer, am I right? I think I love the days leading up to a major holiday more than the holiday itself. And then when it's all past and gone, I feel a bit empty inside. But Christmas was a good one this year. Since we had gone to Idaho a few weeks previously, we spent this Christmas with Mike's family. We drove there Christmas Eve in a crazy snow storm. That night we ate dinner together and then exchanged gifts afterwards. All the siblings and their children were able to attend. Mike and I ended up staying the night and spent Christmas morning with his family. We watched a lot of episodes of The Office, played a lot of Guitar Hero, and ate a lot of junkfood. When the 3 of us got home that evening we opened the gifts that my Dad and Grandparents had sent. Then Mike and I opened our presents to each other and Vessel opened the gifts we gave to him. Christmas day was pretty fun and laid back this year.
It was a pretty crazy month though. As I said in a previous post, I made all my gifts this year (with a few exceptions for Vessel and Mike.) You can see some of the things I made by clicking here. I also made a variety of food to give as gifts, which you can view by clicking here. I hope everybody's Christmas season was as festive as ours was! On a side note, I would just like to thank everyone for the sweet gifts that were given to us. Your generosity and kindness did not go unnoticed! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We have been very blessed this year.

Our little tree

Daddy helping Vessel open up gift from Danny

Mommy and Vessel on Christmas day
Mommy helping Vessel open a gift
Sexy Stache. Mike thought it would be great to grow a mustache and luckily we got some Christmas pictures with his lil' caterpillar. Here he is with his sister Jenny.

Bad biker boy!

Vessel playing with a new toy from great Grandma and Grandpa Hiner.

2 comments:

RAZ said...

That mustache is awesome. I love facial hair.

Tracy said...

Psh. January has nothing to offer? What about my birthday?