Monday, December 31, 2007

Your Words

Your Words


We’re not blood

We’re not friends

You’re an itch I can’t scratch

Realizing too late

The hurricane disaster of

Your words

Those words…to me, once so alluring

Are now black as cancer

Precocious and poisonous, paltry and practiced

Like reading from a script

You are a fire, a degenerate liar

Satisfied with my faith

Content never to sit

At the desk behind your eyes

Between marmalade tresses, head cocked

Spitting disrespect and saturated in arrogance

My apathy annoys you

But sometimes not caring is what

A person must do to keep from hating

Supposing that indifference is preferred to asperity

Those words, your words

Pointed and poised like the tongue of a snake

They say actions speak louder than words

So tell me

What are you doing to better the world

Besides talking?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful piece. It is always difficult to describe feelings and express your actual thoughts and feelings. It is a beautiful and well sculpted piece that is easily readable without sounding immature. It is descriptive without being blatant. Magnifique.

Anonymous said...

well said my dear - I agree - sometimes the best thing to do about those things that spread disease is to wash our hands and walk away.

Gramma Rose