Wednesday, December 12, 2007

4 Kitchen Applilances I Can't Live Without

1. Breville Gourmet Wok. I got this wok for Mike's birthday and we use it ALL THE TIME. We make stir-fry, curry, gyoza (pot stickers,) vegetable tempura, and just about anything you can imagine in it. And it is so easy to clean. Now I'm starting to sound like an infomercial, but seriously, we love our wok.


2. Nesco Food Dehydrator.
I think this particular dehydrator is on the low end of the scale money wise. But quality wise, it is great. When Mike first got this for me a couple of Christmases ago I had a hay day drying batches & batches of fruit. Don't ask me why, but I just love dried fruit, even more than fresh. You can dry fruit for snacks, make fruit roll ups, make soup mixes, corn chips, even jerky. You can also dry certain crafts. This time of year I like to dry orange slices. They make excellent tree decorations and non-caustic air fresheners. I love my dehydrator.


3. KitchenAid Stand Mixer.
The mixer we have is one of the older models and was passed down to us by my grandma. But don't be fooled, it still works like a dream. We use this mixer for so many everyday things. It came with a bread hook, so no more kneading dough for me! It also has a wire whip which is great for mixing cake or waffle batter. We use the flat beater for thick, sticky things like pumpkin cookie dough. We love our KitchenAid Mixer.


4. Presto Griddle. Saturday mornings just wouldn't be the same in our home without pancakes, and it's hard to make pancakes without a nice big griddle. We love our Presto griddle.


Now you know how boring my life is when I have to make a post about kitchen appliances. :)

3 comments:

Karen said...

I would, one day, love to have a Kitchenaid mixer. They are crazy cool.

J said...

and they last forever too. they are strong and durable and can withstand just about any abuse. they are nice, but also expensive. the key is getting someone to give your theirs so you don't have to buy one. :)

Tracy said...

There is nothing I love more in the kitchen then my Kitchen Aid Mixer and my dehydrater. We should have a mixing and dehydrating party!