Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Exhaustion

I'd LOVE to go to bed but my hair is saturated in henna right now and it should probably stay in for at least another hour if I expect it to be a decent color. So I thought I'd stay up and write a quick post. I've been super busy all day. In fact I've been so busy pretty much this entire month. I've been trying to figure out what classes to take in January. My only required class to graduate is statistics, so my other 3-4 classes can be anything I want. I'm thinking about a drawing class or pottery, dance, and a class called mediation. (no, not meditation, although that would be nice if the U offered it.) I'm not looking forward to the circus act of juggling a kid while attending school full time. It will be interesting to see how it all works out, but I'm excited to finally be graduating, and so is Mike. Mike has been looking for job opportunities with various companies. He is undecided whether he will stay with the company he works for now or move on to bigger and better things. I guess it all depends on what kinds of offers he gets. So far it looks like we'll either stay here in Utah for a few more years or move to a big city some place east of here. One of Mike's top companies that he is applying to is based out of Chicago. I don't think I would like Chicago. Too windy. Well, at least there's Oprah. ;) I love the country, but I might have to get used to the city life since Mike is majoring in finance and expects to work in a city. Not a whole lot of good financial jobs living in the boonies, ya know? One day, say.... when Mike retires at age 35, we'll settle down in a nice big ranch home where we can have a few animals and children running around.
So, anyway...what else has been going on? Well, just this last weekend my friend Laurie came over to teach me a little bit about painting because I want to paint a rocking chair for Vessel to give to him on his birthday. Laurie is one of the sweetest, coolest people I know, and she is also very talented when it comes to crafty things. She knows a lot about painting especially, and has refurbished several pieces of furniture of her own. She gave me the "how to" and let me borrow her sander, so that was nice. Before she came over I had some bread in the oven so we got to chat and eat homemade bread and jam. There is seriously nothing better than homemade bread. It's just a shame that it gets eaten so quickly. I swear, every time I make bread, the loaf is gone in a day or two. And it's not like you crave a slice of store bought bread with jam, am I right? If we buy a loaf of bread from the store, it lasts us more than a week. Anyway, I made 2 loaves, one whole wheat and one white. And even though I botched up the recipes for both, they somehow still turned out pretty good.
Saturday night we went with our friends to a corn maze at Thanksgiving Point. Talk about fun times. There were all kinds of events taking place. There was a gigantic trampoline bubble toy that we all jumped on. Between me jumping and laughing so hard, I seriously peed myself. Ah, the joys of incontinence. You think its sick, but why don't you see how different your body is after you give birth, mmmkay? We all had a good laugh about that. :) We went on a hayride and saw several sweet jack-o-lanterns, we got to shoot pumpkins and corncobs out of cannons in an attempt to hit cows (fake of course,) we raced each other on these crazy adult tricycles, went down several slides, and got to ride around in "barrel cows" being pulled by a tractor. And of course we went through the corn maze. It was shaped like a pirate ship, so our friend was pretty stoked about that and came equipped with a sword and a hook for a hand. I filched four corn cobs to take home to use as harvest decor in our apartment. Everyone kept giving me a hard time about the "corn cops" coming to bust me or about me getting "cornvicted." Funny people I hang out with, eh? It's a shame to see all that corn go to waste. I was just doing my part to help out. We had a fun night. It is always a treat to be able to get together with friends like that.
Sunday was good ol' F&T meeting at church. We saw Mike's family and then went over to see our friends Sheldon and Michelle's new house. We got to hang out just like old times. Unfortunately Shippy became restless so we had to cut things short and get him to bed.
So, yeah, busy busy bees we are. After a blissful Fall break, Mike is back in school and busier than ever. I've gotten quite a few calls to go crossing for people, so I'm actually getting some hours. I've been pretty busy getting stuff ready for Halloween and Vessel's birthday. I spent yesterday and today making lots and lots of decorations. It's amazing what you can create with a pad of construction paper and a box of Kleenex.
Oh, get this...I watched the Price is Right yesterday with Drew Carrey....and it was so sad. I mean, Drew's a nice guy (kind of a tubby nerd, but nice) yet he's not Bob Barker. Bob is a legend. I'm so glad Mike and I were able to go to TPIR during spring break to see him and get autographed pictures. Would've loved to get called to "come on down," but whaddayagonnado?
I'm so tired. I better go wash this stuff out of my hair so I can finally go to sleep.


No comments: