Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Most Beautiful Sky I've Ever Seen

Friday evening Mike and I witnessed something like we'd never seen before. Although we tried to capture the amazing colors of the sky, our camera simply was unable to do justice to the absolute awe-inspiring scene right outside our window. So you're probably thinking, "What, you've never seen a sunset before?" Well, kiddies, this was not just an ordinary sunset. I'm not exaggerating when I say that my jaw had literally dropped because I was so filled up with incredulity as I watched the moving clouds and colors and rain and lightning. To the east of us, thunder was booming every couple of seconds followed by a splat of blue lightning. You could feel the electricity in the air. The entire eastern sky was enveloped in deep clouds that became a rich red-orange from the western sun. The clouds were moving and swirling so quickly it looked as if the sky was a body of crimson water. I can't even describe the color. The whole earth was cast red as if I was all of a sudden on the planet Mars. The storm came and left in a matter of minutes. I wish that my camera could've taken a truthful representation of what we saw. It was so enlivening to see such beauty. It's times like these that I cannot deny that God exists and that he has created this remarkably beautiful world for us to enjoy.

These were the clouds to the west of our apartment.

The sky in the background appeared so blue contrasted by the orange tinted clouds.


More pictures to the west

I tried so hard to get a picture of the sky to the east because it was incredible but the red color I described never seemed to show up on our camera. Here you can see the rain falling and the bright blue sky underneath it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

we were coming out of a meeting at jeremy's school when that sunset happened. it was spectacular. we also ran out of gas on the way home and had lots of time to see the storm come and go. :) it was amazing. i love autumn. i also wished i had my camera, but i'm sure i could have caught it no better. your pictures are beautiful anyway.