Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day Weekend

     Saturday was our last day of the motorcycle safety class. It was from 8am to 5pm. We spent the first half of the day riding the motorcycles on the range and practicing exercises for the riding exam. Then we took the exam which consisted of 3 exercises. The last part of the day we watched some videos, went over the safety manual, and took the written test. It was a long, hot day. But overall it was a good class. The MSF courses teach you EVERYTHING and they let you use their bikes and helmets. I didn't know even the most basic things when I started. Like where the clutch was, the brakes, the gears, and all the other parts.  That seems pretty crucial, right? So, I really learned a lot and I can actually ride a motorcycle without laying it down! I wish I could've gotten a picture of me riding the motorcycle. 

     Sunday was a relaxing day. After church we had an early dinner and both Mike and Vessel went to bed early. I was able to get some things accomplished that needed to get done. 

     Monday (Labor Day) we spent a relaxing morning together as a family. Mike made waffles and we were able to leisurely read our books, play with Vessel, and and just sit around talking. That evening we went to Cottonwood Park with our good friends Michelle and Sheldon. They made the BEST shishkabobs! Everytime we eat dinner with them, they make the tastiest food in America! Scrumptdiddly! 

     We also had pasta salad, chips, lemonade, banana boats, and s'mores. It was such a nice evening. The temperature was perfect. It made me realize that I'm not ready for autumn to be here. The summer went by too quickly and I don't feel like I made the most of it this year! Monday night was a reminder to me why I love summer nights so much. 

     Mike and I felt kind of nostalgic watching a group of teenager's chase each other around the playground equipment. Ah, the days of being single without a child. No responsibility. Just having fun. Not that things aren't fun anymore. It's just different now.   Anyway, all in all, it was a good weekend, but it sure could've been longer.

Michelle just happened to capture a fantastic photo of Vessel picking his nose.

The mountains seen from Cottonwood Park.

Delicious kabobs.

Michelle agrees they're tasty.

Sheldon gets a little camera happy.

Jamie and Sheldon


The crew that we roll with. 

All photos on this post courtesy of our peeps Sheldon and Michelle.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i can relate. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey. I love the post. Thank you for letting us be your friends and you'd better not desert us once we move. :( Ooohhh I am suddenly sad thinking of saying good bye to Arbor Lane. After living here for over two years I have a lot of fond memories. And "Krriiiisty!" and Jeff are names that will forever warm my heart.