Monday, September 9, 2013

Neko Case


I got to see one of my all time favorite singer/songwriters in concert this past weekend!  Neko Case performed live at Pioneer Courthouse Square in Portland. 

Mandy and I joked about the snipers that were in the windows of this building. 

The first band that performed was the Moondoggies.  They were awesome.  

Second band was Pickwick.  Also very cool, and worth checking out.  

Mandy and I fell in love with this chubby little baby rocking out at the concert.  


I'm sure we could've asked any number of people to take a picture of us, but then we wouldn't get that great selfie photo look, am I right?

The main event: Neko Case

She has such a lovely voice.  Even live she just blew my socks off.  Among stuff from her newest album, she performed some of my favorites including "Hold on, Hold On," "Deep Red Bells," and "I Wish I Was the Moon Tonight." 

Not only are her lyrics and her voice beyond amazing to me, she also has a killer sense of humor.  She and Kelly Hogan had great chemistry together and kept the audience laughing in between every song.  I'm so happy I got to go to this!     

No comments: