Thursday, September 5, 2013

Labor Day Weekend 9/2/13

On our last day we drove over to Trees of Mystery.  I wanted to get a picture of the giant Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox statues.  I was pretty excited to find out that Paul Bunyan could talk!  His voice boomed out over the parking lot, commenting on people going in and out of the museum and those taking photographs.  It was seriously funny.  Who knew that Paul Bunyan had such a sense of humor, eh?  He even winked at me!  And you could talk and interact with him.  The best part is that he saw EVERYTHING.  He saw a group of people taking a photo next to Babe's er...man parts, and he had many witty things to say about them.  Mostly condescending remarks, but how could you pass up an opportunity like that?  
  


Mike next to a giant Redwood tree. 

Driving down this road was very ominous. 

We stopped on Highway 101 near Crescent City, CA so I could take pictures of some unique pieces of art.  The sculptures were very interesting, but also a bit eerie.  I need to credit this artwork, but unfortunately I didn't take a picture of the name of this roadside gallery.  I will try to find it and then update this post.  :)  But check out some of these amazing sculptures. 












No comments: