Tuesday, April 7, 2009

White Sulfur Springs

Last month some dear friends of ours invited us to White Sulfur Springs. We got a babysitter and had a fun little road trip. The natural hot springs where we got so soak were outside our motel. It was a much needed getaway.

Some photos from the trip:

The Castle


Black and white looks spookier, am I right?

We ate breakfast at this little hole in the wall diner. Soooo freakin' awesome. Nothing makes me hungrier than seeing a plethora of dead animals mounted on the wall. It had to be done. What do you expect? We're in Montana.







The room. Just thought you might like to see where all the magic happened. (totally kidding, c'mon.)

The other little hole in the wall where we ate dinner. They call tater tots "gems" here. They over cooked my gems. But the fish was delish. And our waitress was tip worthy.

Some scenic photos.



The day we left on our trip Mike went into the bank to get some cash. Apparently the teller was making small talk and asked about our weekend plans (assuming we had weekend plans, hence the money withdrawal....) Anyway, the following week we get this creepy card in the mail. I guess they really want our business.

3 comments:

kenna said...

Josh is not a 'fancy' restaurant kind of person. While I love me some PF Changs, he would rather go to 'holes in the wall.' He says that if they have a rat trap that means they are authentic. I just assumed that meant I was gonna get hep. b.

The Allred Family said...

That is so creepy that they wrote you a letter. Weird. It kind of reminds me of those verizon commercials where there i a "dead zone"....and it's all creepy. All your pics remind me of that! :) How memorable. Seriously, you forget the nice hotels...but something like that- it has character! :)

Rachel! said...

Nathan!?!

Did you go on this trip with some OTHER man! You hussy.