Friday, August 29, 2008

Today's Thoughts

1. Today is Friday, and I couldn't be happier. It is also a three day weekend, so that means getting to spend more time with Mike.

2. We are going to Canada this weekend. It will be my first time there and I am eager to practice my Canadian with the natives. :)

3. I constantly observe Vessel. It is the best when he knows I'm not watching. During my observations I have found something interesting. Vessel always draws with his right hand. But when he feeds himself with a spoon or fork, he always uses his left hand.

4. I am craving Indian food. Sadly, Great Falls has no Indian restaurants.

5. I have been on a Ben and Jerry's kick for a couple of weeks now. I told Mike that if I keep this up I can picture my heart looking like it's been dipped into a giant vat of lard. Attractive eh?

6. Fall is on it's way. The kids are all back in school. The pool is closing up for the year. And the nights are getting colder. Where did the summer go?

7. There is no sales tax in Montana. I am blown away every time I buy something for a dollar and the total amount of my purchase comes out to...a dollar.

8. Who made up the silly rule that you can't wear white after Labor Day? I'm gonna wear white when I want regardless of what the fashion police think!

9. And the most exciting thought on my mind is that we are going to make an offer on a house at 5:00 tonight!!! As a first time home buyer I am so nervous and scared. But I think this will be a good house for our family to live in while we're in Montana. I guess we'll see if they accept our offer.

10. A superb number to close on. Go get yerself a pint of Ben and Jerry's. :)

3 comments:

Sheltielady said...

10 awesome thoughts. I really liked the ones about Ben & Jerrys. We did have ice cream tonight, with Dad's b-day cake, but not Ben & Jerrys. Do you know what killed Ben? or was it Jerry? Ah you guessed it, Heart disease... his heart looked like it had been dipped in... lol, oh you already described it for us. :D

Ashley said...

Is it the house across from the funny sign??? Good luck on the house! Glad to hear that MT is going well. Have fun in Canada!

Tracy said...

You would love it out here. Since there are so many Indians around, there are a ton of Indian places. Gavin and Gina went to one the other night and just loved it! We miss you!