Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ode To My Husband


Just thinking I am a pretty lucky broad. Mike is an amazing partner in life. I feel so blessed to be married to him! Here are some reasons why I love my sweetie so much.

1. He is a very hard worker. He has a wonderful work ethic and does his best at whatever job he's given. It is because of his hard work that I am blessed to stay home with our lovable Vessel.
2. He never complains about it.
3. He is a great cook.
4. He always puts me and V first.
5. He always listens to me when I go off on one of my rants.
6. He's hella funny! He cracks me up continually.
7. He's bloody good at Dr. Mario.
8. He works hard to fulfill the responsibilities of his church calling.
9. He's an optimist.
10. He likes to have a good time.
11. Vessel adores him.
12. He is very spiritual and very knowledgeable. He is such a strength to me and can melt any doubts I have with his unwaivering testimony.
13. He likes to keep the peace.
14. He thinks about things long and hard before making an important decision.
15. He knows big words. I'm always like, "honey, what does this mean?" And he has the definition stored somewhere in his brain.
16. He's easy on the eyes (i.e. he's HOT)
17. He helps me wash the dishes.
18. He motivates me to be a better person.
19. He gives me room to grow and develop my talents and find my own way when I need to.
20. He is always up for trying something new. For instance, if something sounds incredibly weird (i.e. gross) on a menu, he'll want to order that exact thing.
21. He's a "curb kicker."
22. He does the grocery shopping.
23. He's excellent with money and ensures that we make wise financial decisions.
24. He's not afraid of a challenge.
25. His kisses make me melt.
26. He's always willing to give me a back rub.
27. He gives me compliments all the time.
28. He has great taste in music.
29. He works hard to achieve his goals. He will find a way to get what he wants in life.
30. He's got crazy names for people and things, which always makes me laugh.
31. He never criticizes me.
32. He likes to exercise, be active and play one on one sports with me.
33. He does random acts of kindness for me and others.
34. He is very loyal and trustworthy.
35. And forgiving.
36. He shaves before he kisses me.
37. He's got killer dance moves.
38. He's got mad banjo playing skillz.
39. Even though he has a fear of heights, he'll go rock climbing with me or anything else involving high places.
40. He balances me out. His strengths are my weaknesses.

There's plenty more, but to save you all from dying of boredom reading a super long mushy list about my baby, I'll stop here. :)

3 comments:

Melissa Tupou said...

mike will you marry me? haha just kidding.

Sheltielady said...

Yay for Mike & Jamie - you two were made for each other!!!
love you both!
Gramma rose

The Allred Family said...

WOw, tha's quite a list. Mike, you are Mr.Superhero. WOW! What a man!! Serioulsy, you guys are so cute. I really admire your realtionship and the both of you in general. Mike, you're a pretty great guy. Curb kicker??? And I can't beleive he does the grocery shopping....does he plant he meals and recipes adn stuff too?