Tuesday, January 8, 2008

a little happiness

A new year. A time of resolutions. This year I didn't really make any. Well, of course I have some personal goals for this year that I'd like to achieve, and what's wrong with trying to better one's life anyway? Nothing. I'm just trying to make improvements throughout the course of the year instead of a ton of resolutions at the beginning that won't last. One thing that I am really proud of is that I am finally starting to live for myself. Not for anyone else, (except God of course.) It feels so good to get over something/someone, that has been nagging at me for months. I don't need to be "something" to them. I don't need to mold my life to fit their ideals. And it feels great because I have practically banished them from my life for good. What a relief. Last year taught me who my true friends are. It is time for a new chapter of my life to start, free from negative influences and people who judge me. It is time for me to realize the many wonderful people in my life and hold onto their friendships instead of focusing on the bad people whose only goal in life is to be cynical and drag anyone they can down with them. So good-bye to you, negative people and influences. You will not be missed.

No comments: