Thursday, January 24, 2008

Architect or Artist?

A few days ago when I got home from class, I walked in the door and there was Vessel in the kitchen building a tower out of cans he found in the lazy susan. I called to Mike who was in the other room and asked him if he had helped Vessel and he said "no." So Mike grabbed the camera and snapped some photos of our little architect. He was occupied with this activity for at least an hour. It was so cute. And then a few days ago while I was doing my homework, Vessel saw me taking notes on a piece of paper and decided he wanted to do it too. So I let him hold the pen and practice writing. He's wanted to do that everyday since. So today we got him his own doodling pad, coloring book and crayons to color his little heart out. We just have to supervise our little artist to make sure he doesn't color all over the house or attempt to eat the crayons.





Yes, I'm one of those moms who posts their kids art on the fridge. Here's Vessel's first masterpiece!


A short clip of Vessel working on a second picture.

No comments: