Sunday, February 27, 2011

Jacob's First Haircut

A couple of weeks ago I decided Jake needed a haircut. Ever since his birth, his hair has grown really, really long on top (right down the middle) but has stayed short on the sides and in the back. Quite honestly, it was starting to look a bit silly to me. So I had to say good-bye to the locks on the top.

Here in this photo you can kind of see how long it was. I had to comb it to the side because otherwise it sort of looked like he had a widow's peak.

I combed the top into a mohawk and took the scissors to it.
(Jake, 7 months)

On an unrelated note, why does it look like he's got jaundice nose in these pictures?


After the scissors I used the electric clippers to even it out. I think the haircut makes him look older.

Happy, smiley kiddo likes the new 'do!

3 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

He's a cute one. Haircuts do make kids look older, don't they?

Lesa said...

I noticed that he looked kinda orangish at church last Sunday. I thought immediately, he must be eating alot of sweet potatoes or carrots! I recognize "the look". :)

Melissa Tupou said...

He is so adorable!