Tuesday, February 1, 2011

At Home Parent Participation Preschool

Since last September I was involved in an "At Home Parent Participation Preschool." If you don't know what that is, here is the description from our website:

"
We are a group of mothers in ________ that are committed to the education of our children. We run an at home parent participation preschool. We do not charge a fee but all members are required to plan and teach lessons, furnish supplies for their children and contribute classroom supplies as well. Our children range in age from 2 to 4 years old. Our lessons are tailored to meet their needs and prepare them for kindergarten. In all ways we are a preschool, our children learn just as any other child would, we as mothers just teach our lessons."

At the end of January I made the decision to quit because it was getting difficult for me to make it to preschool. We only have one car as of now, and Mike drives that to work. Soo...yeah, it just wasn't working out anymore. It is sad and I will miss it. Vessel will miss it too, I think. The social interaction was good for him. I was able to meet several new moms that I otherwise would not have met. We became good friends over the course of the last 5 months. I would recommend this type of thing to any mom who has some time on her hands, doesn't want to pay tuition for a regular preschool, and who wants to be involved in deciding the things her child is learning. It was good for us while it lasted and I'm a little bit disappointed that it's come to an end. But there will be other opportunities, right?

Here are the kiddos last September

And here are some of the kiddos at our Halloween party.

2 comments:

Bryanna Johnson said...

That looks like it was awesome. I agree that moms can teach their kids way better. I enjoyed all your new posts.

Karen said...

This is such a great idea! I will have to remember it.