Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow

The snow here is so different than anywhere else I've lived. It is powder soft and sometimes people even use leaf blowers instead of shovels to clear their sidewalks. Because it is so cold, the snow is not wet enough to stick together. And so you get to see the actual shape of the snowflakes. It was a beautiful sight when we went out a few nights ago, to see actual FLAKES. I tried to get a picture, but I don't have the equipment or the photography skills to capture it the way my eyes saw it. However, here's the picture I DID take just so you have something to imagine. :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Wow!! That is beautiful! We just got dumped on (at least 8 inches)and MUCH, MUCH more to come ;(

Gav said...

Now that is a cool picture. I am disappointed in your photography skillz! It is cool to see the reflection of those flakes.

Jake and Annika said...

Hey - we're looking at Kalispell. Where are you guys at?

Rebekah said...

Wow! You can see some of the flakes' reflections. That is a really cool picture. The snow must be beautiful!

Ashley said...

That's a cool pic!

Sheltielady said...

Pretty neat Jamie, our snow last week had so MUCH moisture in it it basically snowed slush for 5 days (yeah we both had washed our cars). We got about 18 inches of SLUSH - so I am thinking maybe that helped our drought a bit with what the mts got! I bet dry snow is easier to shovel :)

I like your picture, I can see a few flakes and they are cool. The only time I have been able to see individual flakes was having them land on my mittens or something like that. pretty neat!

But the picture(s) I like best are the ones we got from you in the mail yesterday! Very cool. Thanks for thinking of us! We miss you guys!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you are saying. The snow here was an unexpected and curious joy to me.