Monday, June 30, 2008

Montana's a Good Lookin' Place (When You Leave Town)

Jamie, V-Bone, and I went for a nice Sundee drive out to the "Great Falls of the Missouri River" that this fine city is named for, and got some pretty sweet pics of the landscape. Here's a little taste for the kidees at home:






When we finally reached our destination, I have to admit that we were impressed. The city is surrounded by rivers and waterfalls (most of which have had a hydroelectric plant built on them *Frown*), so we saw three of them: The Rainbow Dam, Ryan Dam, and Morony (Mo-Ro-Nee is not a BOM reference) Dam. The "Great Falls" are at Ryan Dam, and they've built a really nice park with a cable bridge out to an island in the river. Here's the account of our experience at the Ryan Dam park:

Mist coming off the water


The cable bridge

My Dove



If the dam breaks, I don't think 8 short blasts will give you enough time to save yourself

The sun was so bright, it was hard to get a good picture

The waterfalls almost look like clouds in these pictures


Me and V-bone

The Mighty Missourah River


They wifey got a nice shot of our bums





This was the Morony Dam
And that is the end of my post. Have a good one, homies....

10 comments:

J said...

we had a "dam" good time, didn't we babe?

Gav said...

That joke has sooooooooo... been done to death. And you can't comment on your own post. You're breaking so many rules, it's not even funny.
Really pretty area though, I expected it to be a lot more dirt and sagebrush, but the grassy hills are nice. Well done.

J said...

i didn't know it was breaking the rules to make a comment on my husband's post.

Tracy said...

What's sad is I laughed at your dam joke. Just ignore Gavin, he's no fun.

It's looks like it is very pretty up there. I'm impressed. Although, for some reason, I thought the Missouri River was a lot bigger.

J said...

trust me tracy, it's BIG. the picture is deceiving....

Soda said...

hey jamie what up. i'm so glad you guys are having a good time. them are some purty dam waterfalls. its probably good that you "went private". my friend was being "blog stalked" on her family blog not long ago.

david said...

GREAT pix - thanks for sharing! And I agree -- the first time I visited Ran Dam and saw that sign about 8 blasts on the horn, I thought the same thing: unless I've got wings, those 8 blast ain't gonna save me!

The Allred Family said...

So beautiful. I have to make sure Jason does not look at it.....he might just pack his bags- seriously.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are great Vessel looks like life is treating him good. Here are your dads comments miss you all can't wait to see you in 2 weeks thanks for the connection. say a little prayer for me. D.O.D

Melissa Tupou said...

Okay I was going to leave a DAM joke but seriously that would just be STUPID after all these originals already did it. lol. It looks beautiful out there. Yeah, Mike, I think we will start looking into moving to MT....not. We will just have to come visit you guys soon. Give Vessie a hug from Tati and maybe a little peck on the cheek.
MEL