Thursday, June 12, 2008

101 Things You May or May Not Know About Me

Here ya go ladies and germs. Getting to know all about your good pal Jamie. I saw this on Cheri's blog and decided to go for it.

1. I have a photographic memory.

2. I love having a “to do” list and checking off things throughout the day.

3. I’m a very indecisive person.

4. I love music. It has such a powerful impact on my day to day life that without it I would absolutely roll over and die.

5. I love the cello.

6. I tend to hold a grudge.

7. I worry.

8. I love to read, but it takes me a long time to get through books because I’m such a slow reader.

9. I’d rather be hurt than to hurt someone else.

10. I want to go back to school and become a dietician someday.

11. I love to longboard and snowboard.

12. I think I’ve got mild OCD.

13. I love cartoons.

14. I am a sensualist not a hedonist. ;)

15. I’m quiet, but I try hard not to be.

16. My coping strategy is to sleep it off.

17. Yellow looks horrible on me.

18. My ideas are always changing.

19. I’ve been in quite a few fist fights.

20. If I could have a super power I would want to speak and understand every language.

21. I put things off too much. But it’s okay since I work better under pressure. That’s my justification. Pretty lame, eh?

22. Ice cream is my weakness.

23. I love children’s books.

24. My pinky fingers are crooked.

25. I have an eye for detail, unless I’m nervous. What I mean by that is I can remember detailed things about what a person was wearing, how their hair was, or very specific things unless that person makes me nervous and then I just shut down.

26. I wouldn’t call myself a “gamer.”

27. I brush my teeth for a really long time.

28. I’m a collector.

29. I can out-eat you. Just try me.

30. I hold my breath. I unconsciously stop breathing sometimes when I’m really focused on something or incredibly stressed. At times I’ll just be sitting there and realize that I’ve been holding my breath for seconds at a time.

31. I was obsessed with angels and cherubs when I was in junior high. I had cherub posters, calendars, statues, knick knacks, notebooks…anything you could think of.

32. I take too many pictures.

33. I love candles and incense (Nag Champa will always remind me of the summer after I graduated high school.)

34. I have a pretty horrible sense of direction. I use landmarks to help me find my way around.

35. I want to have a garden someday. We always had a garden when I was a child and I’d like my kids to have that experience too.

36. I got my tonsils out when I was 20 years old.

37. I rarely get bored. I always have something to do.

38. I wish I was more like my husband. For instance, he’s the type of person who can just let things go and he goes out of his way to avoid confrontation. And he’ll be nice to someone even if he dislikes them. But I, on the other hand, can’t just “drop it” and if I don’t like you, you’ll definitely know because I’ll make a point of not looking at or talking to you.

39. I could spend hours at an art gallery.

40. Commercials and infomercials are fun to watch.

41. I am easily overwhelmed.

42. I can play the clarinet.

43. I hate my fingernails.

44. I have an oral fixation. Like when I study I’ll chew on my pen, or when I watch a movie I’ll bite my fingernails (which is why #43 exists.). If I’m concentrating it seems like I’ve always got to be chewing on something.

45. I love the smell of sun block.

46. I hate eating in front of people.

47. I like chemistry.

48. I like to dance and watch other people dance.

49. I couldn’t live in a place where it rains constantly. I need sunshine to feel happy.

50. I can ride my bike with no handlebars, no handlebars, no handlebars.

51. When loading the dishwasher, I have to place all the silverware (except knives) pointing up in the tray, otherwise it bugs me.

52. I don't necessarily believe in horoscopes (like in the newspaper or whatever) but when it comes to traits and characteristics of astrological signs, the description of my sign (Pisces) fits me to a T.

53. I prefer ballpoint pens to other types of pens.

54. It can take me a long time to do simple tasks.

55. My favorite snack right now is French baguettes with spinach artichoke dip.

56. In 6th grade, a boy named Shad punched me in the nose at recess when a few of my friends and I were playing boys against girls “keep away.” I probably provoked him, but it didn’t give him the right to hit a girl. Can I get an amen?

57. I have a hard time waking up. It doesn’t matter what time of day it is, waking up is always a struggle for me.

58. If you try to wake me up when I’m not ready to wake up, be in for a sad, sad day my friend. It’s best to just keep your distance.

59. I’ve eaten fried mealworms before. I’ve also eaten alligator and rabbit.

60. I hate it when “customer service” is rude to me before I even say anything. Helloooooo, your job is to serve the customer (me) and not be a douche.

61. I’m a huge believer in “karma” or “what goes around comes around.” So all you lousy customer service reps out there, you’ll get what’s coming to you.

62. I like going to cemeteries. I also like going to scary abandoned haunted houses.

63. Usually I regret not saying what’s on my mind but I suppose I’ve gotta draw the line somewhere, and that means zipping my mouth on a regular basis. But that's not to say I don't ever put my foot in my mouth because it actually happens quite often.

64. I don’t wear glasses or contacts.

65. I don’t ever want to live in the middle of a big city.

66. I’m not afraid of clowns. They’ve never spooked me out. Sorry Tracy.

67. I always wear some type of make up everyday, unless I don’t plan on leaving the house. I don’t like going out of the house without at least a little mascara or lip gloss. My face just feels naked. However, I am trying to go bare faced more often.

68. When I go shopping, I usually don’t get in and out quickly. Even if I make a list, I end up browsing for awhile instead of just getting the stuff & going.

69. My husband hates that about me.

70. Chewing gum makes me gassy.

71. I hate it when people are flaky. Like for instance, it bothers me if people make plans with us a week in advance and then cancel last minute. It makes me mad because I schedule my whole day around that event and then they cancel! Aaaaarrrrgghhh!

72. I want to get acupuncture and a belly massage.

73. The chore I hate most? Washing dishes.

74. Spring is my favorite season.

75. I am putting off packing for our move by writing this little list.

76. I could probably be a vegetarian, but I could never be vegan. I eat too many dairy products.

77. I used to have a crush on Conan O’Brien. What can I say, I like ‘em funny! Lucky for me Mike is funny AND hot.

78. I’ve never broken a bone. Well, I fractured my ankle playing soccer, and cracked my knee roller-skating. But I’ve never had to wear a cast.

79. I can play the piano by ear.

80. I can make a mean jell-o salad.

81. I have really sensitive ears.

82. I love laughter!

83. I ate a lot of deer and elk meat as a kid because my dad liked to hunt. Beef was something our family rarely ate until I got older.

84. I have really great friends. They are the type of friends who’ll listen to me rant if needs be, tell me the truth no matter what, and like me despite all my flaws.

85. I’m going to miss Utah more than I thought.

86. Like Cheri, I have a truly embarrassing moment every week.

87. I love the feeling of clean sheets.

88. I’m not a big fan of watching professional sports on T.V. Like, I don’t have a favorite team or anything. I like to watch the Olympics though. And I enjoy participating in sports.

89. I wish I was more proficient in my computer skills.

90. I am a visual learner. I pick up things 100 percent better when there is a visual aid or some kind of picture or demonstration involved.

91. My favorite toy as a child was a doll I named Shawna Mama.

92. I want our family to celebrate every holiday on the calendar. Like Secretaries Day, Arbor Day, and Flag Day. More excuses to party is fine by me.

93. I would like to live in California or Puerto Rico. I love, love, LOVE the beach.

94. I was always the teacher’s pet during my school days. Yup, a total brown noser all the way.

95. A few years ago some friends and I were canoeing on the Snake River up in Idaho, and as we were turning a sharp corner the canoe tipped. That made for a very cold rest of the day.

96. I can be a sore loser. Especially when Mike beats me at Dr. Mario.

97. I always wanted a tree house.

98. I love wearing pajamas.

99. When I was little, I wanted to be a veterinarian when I grew up.

100. I am really digging the band Santogold right now.

101. I’m everything and nothing all at once.


5 comments:

RAZ said...

Nice Flobots reference there.

J said...

chris,
somehow i knew the YOU would be the one to pick up on that. kudos.

Karen said...

You've EATEN mealworms? Wow, we feed stuff like that to our toads :) Oh, and I totally had a thing for Conan, too! I'm glad I'm not alone...

Melissa said...

Jamie,
We will sure miss you, Mike & Vessel. Good luck to you all in your new adventure! It will be easy to stay in touch with you through your blog. I will make a better effort to post on mine a little more often. Thank you for being there to help me when Miles was born. You are a great friend,
~Melissa

Tracy said...

There were a lot of things that I didn't know about you and that we have in common.
1. Good. I want you to never forget my face.
19. Did you win them?
29. Next time I see you, we will see who can out eat the other. I can pack it away!
30. I did that when I danced. It drove my teachers crazy because they thought I would pass out on stage or something, then after I was done, I couldn't breathe at all.
31. I have a really hard time picture that. It makes me laugh a little bit.

34. 50. 57. Me too!! (I get the Flobot reference too)

51. You and Gavin
52. I'll have to check it out and see if it really does fit you.
53. I'm the opposite. I hate ball point pens.
56. AMEN!

66. Karma will bit you in the butt and a clown will attack you or something. Maybe Vessie will be afraid of clowns.

67. I'm the opposite. I should probably wear more make up to look semi-human.

68. 71. Once again, you and Gavin.

77. This made me laugh pretty hard.

85. You better!
96. How many times did you leave our apartment pissed off at Gavin for that very same reason?

101. You totally are. Although, I would say a little more of everything, though.