Friday, June 29, 2007

Henna

For this batch I boiled some fenugreek, cardamom pods, and berries in a pot until the water was a deep red, then I strained it. I mixed it with the Henna, along with lemon juice, white sugar, and Neroli oil until I got a nice paste. The stain I was trying to achieve wasn’t as dark or as rich as I would’ve liked. However, I don’t think it was due to my method, but simply because the Henna was of low quality. A box was only about $2.00 at the Mid-Eastern market, so I guess you get what you pay for. Last time, I received help from my sister-in-laws, Jenny and Karen to make sure it was evenly distributed throughout my hair. Applying it by myself proved more difficult (especially with a newly mobile child) but I think it turned out fine. Not as RED as I hoped, but since Henna is really good for hair, at least it made it shinier and healthier looking. Using a Ziploc baggie full of Henna, I cut a small hole at the corner to draw on the tattoos. Not the easiest or most convenient approach, but I didn’t have a whole lot to work with. I made a sun on my wrist, a Pisces symbol on my foot, and a Hibiscus flower with Vessel’s name in cursive on my leg. I think Vessel’s name looks very beautiful written out. So that was how my time was spent last night.
 
My design inspiration






Sun design on my wrist. 
My zodiac sign, Pisces, on the top of my foot. 

No comments: