Thursday, June 28, 2007

Happiness

     My life has been so good lately. I keep thinking that I don't remember a time when I felt this content. I am finally happy with myself. Of course, some days I have struggles, which is to be expected. But for the most part, I really love this stage of my life. I am surprisingly accepting of the way things are. Some might think it would be difficult dealing with my mom being gone. The truth is, yeah, it is hard sometimes. I miss her like crazy and wish I could talk to her. I wish I could've seen the joy on her face as she experienced holding her grandson. She wanted to be a grandma more than anything in the world. It seems unfair...the timing and everything.  
     
     BUT the Lord knows why things happen when they do, and that is enough for me. I don't need all the answers. I have come to accept that. As a mortal, my view and perception is very limited, whereas God's view is infinite and beyond my capacity to comprehend. I trust Him. I know that without the gospel, my mom's death would be so much harder on me. But my testimony is strong. My faith is strong. I am excited to perform her temple work and I believe she has been preparing for that special event while in the spirit world. But anyway, I am at peace. I am okay.
     
     This summer has been the best summer I've had in years. I just feel elated. I'm in the middle of several projects right now and they keep me busy. Vessel keeps me busy too. I enjoy motherhood and it's more fulfilling than I even anticipated. Mike and I are more in love than ever. Everything is going great at his new job. I've made a lot of good friends recently. I like where we live for the time being. But most of all I'm just happy with who I am and what I'm doing for the first time in my life. I am not wishing for things to be different like I used to. I am just having a wonderful time living the life I have been blessed with.

1 comment:

Jake and Annika said...

Maybe it's motherhood that does that to ya, but I've felt the same way since having Anson. Love the pics in "light red" by the way. Super cute!