Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Toadstool Garden

I have an incredible inability to grow pretty much anything. So you have to know how astonished I was to find that my mushroom garden was thriving so excellently. I'm super impressed by these things. Also, not to brag (ahem) but our weed garden is coming along quite fantastically as well. So I suppose all is not lost when it comes to me and my gardening skills. I might not have a brown thumb after all. Ewww, brown thumb....doesn't sound pretty, does it? Okay, enough of that. Just enjoy these pictures. Some look really cool by enlarging them.

By the way, these things are strong . They plow up through the hard earth like it's nothin'.










2 comments:

Kathy said...

Jamie - you are an amazing photographer... to take a very small, insignificant fungal growth and develop a beautiful photo is a real talent!

Rachel Marie said...

You are an excellent fungi farmer. I know what you mean about "brown thumb", I usually refer to mine as "black" as I tend to kill all plants under my care.