Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kickin' it in Canada

Spent some time across the border over the weekend. Here are some shots from the momentous trip.

Stopped at a convenient store. This slurpees straw was HUMONGOUS. Talk about brain freeze, baby. (p.s. good thing I'm not driving here...I got pulled over for speeding and the Mounty asked for my "doo-dads." No bueno.)

It's always fun to try some foreign candy.

The inside. What is it with injecting candy with air?

Vessel just keepin' it real in his little chair.

Me in front of the Cardston, Alberta temple.

Temple by itself.
After attending the temple, our friends the Jensens took us to a cool park in Lethbridge called Henderson park. Here is their son with Vessel.

Kizzia and Vessel.

Cool shot of the lake.

Bates and Jensen families.
The treehugger.
Vess throwing stones into the lake.
Daddy and Vessel on the dock.
I had to try this crazy toy on the playground. It just spins you around and around SO FAST. I got motion sick. Ugh.
Me and Vessie on this cool swing. This little girl in the background wanted to push us.
Okay, here are some sepia shots that I took.







Vessel with his feather that he found. He wouldn't let go of that thing.






Throwing rocks into the lake.

3 comments:

Rachel Marie said...

I love the one of V and the feather. So much cuteness in one photo? It's criminal.

mattjensen said...

You took some great pictures! We had fun! I'll send you some of the pics I took soon!

Lesa said...

No wonder you guys like going across the border! It looks like a positivly wonderful weekend :) Great pictures. Your the best picture taker I know of !